Honored Contributor

Re: LOVING this pressure cooker...

@forrestwolf wrote:

GoWISE USA 12-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker + 50 Recipes for your Pressure Cooker Book with Measuring Cup, Stainless Steel Rack and Basket, Spoon 

51PFkOGL0EL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

It is wider than tall, and I am liking it better than my Instant Pot....Cost a lot less as well..Woman Wink It is 10 qts...and before you say that is too big, well I live alone, and it works well for me...

@forrestwolf 

Great pressure cooker with many functions, recipe book and additional pieces. May I ask where you purchased yours? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123  I got mine at Amazon, after reading up on reviews and Youtube's, and in December I paid $79.99. I have taken it to work several times, and I am cooking my corned beef in it right now. I have (1) 12 QT,  (3) 8 QTS, (2) 6 QTS, (1) 4 QT, and this one is just the right size for so many things. As stated, I get the most surface area for browning meats, and I love it...Heart The price worked for me as well..

May I add, the pressure release valve is on the handle, and you do not have to try to make sure the pressure valve is on seal, as it is sealed automatically...No turning it around and hoping you have it sealed...

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@forrestwolf   Thank you for posting such detailed information on this.  I am thinking of getting a larger pressure cooker and this fits the bill.

And please do not worry about some of the fastidious, well meaning, but not value adding commentators.  

I knew you wanted to share your experience with this particular large pressure cooker and its larger surface browning feature.

Respected Contributor

@forrestwolf  So glad you found a cooker you love!  I'm seeing very good reviews as well.  I paid a lot for a cooks essentials 6 qt unit that didn't last very long and after 90 days the Q didn't stand behind it.  Now I have a NESCO that I love.  Pressure cookiing is the best.

Honored Contributor

@forrestwolf wrote:

@butterfly123  I got mine at Amazon, after reading up on reviews and Youtube's, and in December I paid $79.99. I have taken it to work several times, and I am cooking my corned beef in it right now. I have (1) 12 QT,  (3) 8 QTS, (2) 6 QTS, (1) 4 QT, and this one is just the right size for so many things. As stated, I get the most surface area for browning meats, and I love it...Heart The price worked for me as well..

May I add, the pressure release valve is on the handle, and you do not have to try to make sure the pressure valve is on seal, as it is sealed automatically...No turning it around and hoping you have it sealed...

@forrestwolf 

Thank you for the information. I will purchase this pressure cooker. 

Honored Contributor

@forrestwolf : I really like this pc but absolutely have no more storage room. I email Instant Pot to suggest making an 8 quart oval IP. Received answer today and they will forward the suggestion to the product development team. Southern Bee 

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom - Just FYI, the articles you shared are for second-generation pressure cookers, which are still stovetop models, not electric pressure cookers. The electric versions are much better at retaining consistent pressure levels and eliminating human error during their operations.

Honored Contributor

I believe some are thinking I’m trying to be ‘negative girl’

but I really, really, really don’t want anyone to get sick over

a process which is not recommended (Electric-do not support

justification below).  It’s going from a good place.

But I realize everyone will do what they choose to do.

Good luck.

6347D4AF-041F-4292-B587-EFC4694BDAF2.jpeg

F8F5CE13-76C3-480A-8BBE-FB089783BFB9.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc  You're right on point.