Honored Contributor

LF - Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Recommendation

I own a treasured and beautiful complete set of Longaberger mixing bowls.  My problem is that they are getting too heavy for me to deal with.  The are nested when stored so to use just one I need to lift the lot of them from my cabinet.  I'd like to replace them with a modest set of stainless with lids, but want decent quality, nothing chintzy.  I've been looking around on Amazon and there are many.  If you have a recommendation, please let me know.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: LF - Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Recommendation

@JeanLouiseFinch   I do not have a recommendationof what to buy, but I sympathize totally with your frustration that something you treasure is now hard to use.

can you split the set and just keep the bowls you use most often where they are easy to get out and store the ones you use less often elsewhere?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

just go to bed and bath and pick out just the ones you want. don't need to get whole sets.   There's life outside of QVC and HSN. Use your Bed and Bath 20% off coupon, if have more then one coupon and want 2 different bowls, Just go out to car dump off one, then, go back in store and buy another and use another 20% off coupon

I got Wolfgang's SS bowls,  with lids.  Then, I got Kitchen aid bowls with no lids, mixing bowls.

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch   I do not have a recommendationof what to buy, but I sympathize totally with your frustration that something you treasure is now hard to use.

can you split the set and just keep the bowls you use most often where they are easy to get out and store the ones you use less often elsewhere?

@millieshops   Thank you.  Unfortunately, that's not an option.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought mine from Amazon.  The brand name is Vollrath Economy, and they can be bought as separate sized bowls or in a set.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I own a treasured and beautiful complete set of Longaberger mixing bowls.  My problem is that they are getting too heavy for me to deal with.  The are nested when stored so to use just one I need to lift the lot of them from my cabinet.  I'd like to replace them with a modest set of stainless with lids, but want decent quality, nothing chintzy.  I've been looking around on Amazon and there are many.  If you have a recommendation, please let me know.  Thanks

@JeanLouiseFinch  I feel your pain.  I gave my set to DD.  Beautiful bowls that I used for years and now she and GD get to enjoy them.  I too replaced with stainless from BBB.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch 

If you have floor space for it, maybe one of these would enable you to keep your beautiful bowls.

Longaberger Woven Traditions Classic Blue Set Of 3 Miniature Mixing Bowls Stand

If you buy stainless bowls, try to find those with a silicone bottom to keep them more stable when mixing.  I love my set from Wolfgang, with lids. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I own a  set of nesting stainless steel bowls with lids, and silicone bottoms from HSN by Wolfganag Puck that I LOVE. Mine were purchased several years ago, but there are currently two choices available in various colors, that may fit your needs. GOOD LUCK!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Wolfgang Puck 12-piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Prep Set

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  I own a  set of nesting stainless steel bowls with lids, and silicone bottoms from HSN by Wolfganag Puck that I LOVE. Mine were purchased several years ago, but there are currently two choices available in various colors, that may fit your needs. GOOD LUCK!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Wolfgang Puck 12-piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Prep Set

@SandySparkles I was thinking of Wolfgangs set as well! But whatever set you get, make sure they have the silicone on the bottom. What a big difference to have  the bowl stay put when you're mixing ingredients! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SharkE    My BBB accepts many coupons for the same order.  Don't others?