Trusted Contributor

LC CREUSET COLORS

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm deciding betwee 3 colors:

White, Cotton and Dune.

I have a 5qt braiser in Caribbean. Going to purchase an oval dutch.

I'm looking for a creamy white- not bright white, to add a little contrast with my bright white stove. White, cotton, or dune would look good with caribbean.

I've checked the colors on LC site. The white looks brighter than cotton. I don't mind a slightly grayish white, or a beige white,  and dune would look good too- not to many pieces out there in dune though, and sisal would be too dark, I think, at least it looks that way on LC site.

So, I thought I'd come here to see if anyone owns any of these colors.

I may just stick with caribbean, but I like different colors in my home.

Thx Cat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Regular Contributor

any of those colors would look great with your carribean blue.  i have the dune in a 5 qt, it was the first pot i purchased many years ago and I love it!  Soft, creamy, eggshell color.  I don't own the white or matte white (cotton) but I think the only difference between these true whites is one is shiny and one is matte.  Dune is on special for 30% off at Le Crueset outlets if you have one anywhere near you.  I live almost 3 hours from one but it was worth the drive for me because the midnight blue was 40% off and I collect that color now, it's perfect in my kitchen.  Good luck with your decision, you really can't go wrong with any of the choices!

Trusted Contributor

Re: LC CREUSET COLORS

[ Edited ]

@skittles2

There is the shiny White (known as White!), Cotton and also a Matte White.   I think the Matte looks whiter.  

You mentioned grayish and there is a French grey (I think WilliamsSonoma has some pieces) that is paler than the other Oyster grey.  

They used to have a true cream that was different (a little more pale yellow undertone). than the Dune. 

If you want less neutral, the newest colour is Provence which is a beautiful lavender.  (I’ve been trying to decide if I would like with my Marseille)     On the Le Creuset site, it is shown next to Caribbean. 

There are several pastel colours but, I’ve seen mostly on UK and South Africa Le Creuset sites. Neither ships to the US. 

(The South Africa site has really good recipes.)

Trusted Contributor

I have one piece in Dune and I would describe it as a nice creamy beige.  I love the color. 

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of Dune and it goes beautifully with any of the other colors I can think of!  I use it with red and blue for 4th of July and other patriotic events.  It is beautiful with the greens and even with the yellows.  

Ina Garten has a lot of Dune and has had it for all the years of her show I think.  It looks great with greens too, and the colors like Ocean.  I think it would be beautiful with the new lavender too.

Trusted Contributor

@indiepup OMGoodness!  I forgot about the outlets, LOL, Geez!  I do have two w/in half hour, and the worse part is- I'VE NEVER BEEN TO EITHER ONE!  I mean, who does that??! 

I may have to bring someone to contain me, I can easliy go overboard.

Other than checking each item thoroughly, any tips while shopping their outlets? 

Are there coupons for the outlets, other discounts, good return policies?

thx Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@trenet   Yes, French Gray!  I was looking at that on Sur la able or WS??, not sure it was in the 6 3/4 oval though. It's beautiful and I noted it was lighter than Oyster.  FG is beautiful and is on my list, I just forgot it was on my list, lol.

If I get a white, I don't want a bright white, glossy or matte is fine, just not glow-in-the-dark teeth white, because my stove it that. 

Thx Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@CoffeeNut Thx, it looks beautiful online.  and it would be lovely against my white stove sitting next to caribbean. It's hard to find online,  @indiepup mentioned LC's outlets have Dune.  I'm calling them today.

Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner  Ina! That's where I keep seeing it.  It is beautiful.  When I check  colors and come upon Ocean, or Mineral, or Coastal blue, I hover over them. I really like each.

I'm redoing my kitchen- I'll have gray, or white, or some kind blue/ blueish green cabinets or walls, vice versa  and seaglass backsplash, - still deciding on counters.

THX Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 Have you seen the new Marine Blue?  It is fabulous and I think goes well with all the other blues and greens.  Williams Sonoma has a light gray that is BEAUTIFUL and also there is Oyster--which goes with all the blues, especially Marine Blue!  

Coastal BLue is beautiful but is a more matte baby blue.  Not a matte finish, but not as tonal and shiny as some of the others.  A much softer blue.