Valued Contributor

Train your hosts

Esteemed Contributor

I speak French so when I hear that mispronunciation I cringe. However, QVC hosts aren’t the only guilty parties. I was watching America’s Test Kitchen and one of the hosts also said «lay» instead of «le.» Ironically, the proper pronunciation is closer to how it would be pronounced in English (something like “luh”) than that “lay” mistake. It shouldn’t take much to correct these offenders.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: LAY CREUSET?

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog   I totally agree with you.  There have been other threads about this so one would have to assume that nothing is going to change.  At least one host pronounces it "La" Creuset.  Le Creuset is an iconic company that has been around for almost 100 years.  I don't understand why their rep doesn't ask the hosts to pronounce the name correctly.  

Honored Contributor

Given how many English words they mispronounce, the incorrect French pronunciation is not surprising.  But yes, someone should inform the hosts of the proper way to pronounce the name of the TSV!!!

Honored Contributor

I call it "that Frenchie stuff" LOL

Honored Contributor

Would I buy Le Creuset if a host suddenly changed that definite article?  Not me.  I don't even know if everyone schooled in France pronounces the "le" the same way; maybe I knew that when I took HS French 60+ years ago but I doubt it.