Respected Contributor

Kuhn Rikon 11 cup 4th burner pot

[ Edited ]

Though I use it only a few times a month, and handwash and dry it, dont use sharp utensils, etc..I find that the inner "coating" is peeling and there are rust spots inside this pot! 

I am very disappointed, as I always felt Kuhn Rikon to be a quality manufacturer, but this pot is a disaster.

It is such a good idea, and if it were stainless, it would probably be perfect. The inner basket touching the bottom of this pot must cause the rust, I would thinkk..i use it to boil potatoes and pasta, sometimes eggs...

Anyone else have this problem?

Honored Contributor

Re: Kuhn Rikon 11 cup 4th burner pot

Is this the pot they sold on ITKWD Today? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

No I think it was the rapid boil pot by " yes chef" definitely not Kuhn Rikon product. 

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker

I don't know how long you've had the KR pot but if I were you I'd call the CS for Kuhn Rikon.  I bought the small pull chopper & the blade got bent. Someone here gave me the 800 CS # to call. The person gave me the correct # to call.

The correct # is 415-883-1101 directly to the company. The CS rep was very pleasant & helpful regarding my problem.  Within a week I received a new blade for the chopper. You may want to contact them with this issue.  They make a good quality product & im sure they would like to know about your issues with the pot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the original Kuhn Rikon 4th burner pot that is all stainless steel with silicone handle and silicone on the inner wire handle. It is still in perfect condition, heavy duty steel.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all very much- I have owned it for abot a year, but , like I said, only use it infrequently..

It IS such a great idea, and i cerntianly wish I would have found it in Stainless back then, since it is not something i bought for the color (in fact i bought black, which seemed to be the most neutral)

I will try the CS # you provided @homedecor1..thank you very much..I really want this to work!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 Thank you so much for your advice! They are going to replace it with a stainless steel model.. They no longer make the "coated" one...Probably because it wasn't up to their quality standards...

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker

YEAH!!!! I know they were very helpful and I think most companies are good about taking care of their customers.

I just wish GE was that good. I am in the process of replacing 4 appliances at 5 years old! Motors burned out😤Yet no help from GE (I bought them all at the same time).