Respected Contributor

I'm not sure what shopping channel either the Q or HSN but the kringles you are ordering from Racine Kringle are previously frozen.  Even in the grocery stores and Sam's they pull them out of the cartons and thaw.....if anyone wants a kringle for the holidays, call O&H in Racine, WI and order from them.  Nothing compares to a flakey kringle vs a compact dough kringle.   Just a FYI.   I'm sure you can google for the number.

Honored Contributor

Around the holidays, trader joes has them,way cheaper,and so good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have never in my life seen or heard of a "Kringle" except for Kris of course!  LOL!!!

Is it sort of like a Kolachi?  We have several Kolachi festivals in Oklahoma, at Prague and I think at Yukon as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have never in my life seen or heard of a "Kringle" except for Kris of course!  LOL!!!

Is it sort of like a Kolachi?  We have several Kolachi festivals in Oklahoma, at Prague and I think at Yukon as well. 

It's a pastry.  The grocery store here has then on sale for $5.95.

Honored Contributor

I live in Racine, and they are so much better fresh and ordered directly from O &H Bakery. Another good bakery to try here in Racine is Bendtsen's, their crust is carmelized and flaky-so good!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

OMG....I discovered this last year at Trader Joe's. Never had it, didn't know what it was. It was soooooo good, don't know if it will be allowed back in the house again. The price was $16 and it was VERY large.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Kringle is a Danish pastry which is why they're popular in Wisconsin. I used to buy some every Christmas for a friend whose mom was a Dane.

Frequent Contributor

OMG LOVE O&H Kringle. Get them every year for Chistmas. Usually get about 5 and store in the freezer.

I live just south of you, Illinois/Wisconsin border. Won't get any from the grocery store as they do not compare.

Nice talking to you!!!

Shopping girl

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Shoekitty said

Last year I bought OH pumpkin and cream cheese kringle at Trader Joe's.  I had never had one, so by the time we devoured it and I went back for more...they were GONE! Yikes!  So I grabbed the packge, and went online.  OH, had kringles out to me right away, LOL!  They come frozen, and I pop them back in freezer.  I take off what we are going to eat, and keep the rest frozen.  I actually like them not quite thawed, my husband heats his!

Honored Contributor

I actually have a Danish bakery in my neighborhood that makes kringles - but they are different than the Trader Joe's kringles - both flakier and drier.  I preferred the TJ's kringle.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all