Honored Contributor

M79370 @gizmogal  is one of the item #s. There are many (different combos)

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo  I saw the presentation yesterday and I was tempted but didn't order.  I had never heard of these before so looked for recipes.  There is a YouTube video I found by "Chef John" and he shows how to make them.  They take a long time to make, but look so decadent!  

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

Just a quick heads up because they were selling them; these are the best food item I've ever purchased from the Q! Delicate buttery pastry. A little crunch on the exterior with smooth and melty layers. 
My combo consisted of guava and a pastry cream but blueberry sounds amazing!
Very balanced flavor and not overly sweet

Compelling recommendation! If only you provided an item number. I keep trying to type in that odd spelling and I haven't gotten it right even once. I can't find the item. 

@gizmogal 

SH 8/9 KRMA Foods (18) 2.9oz Kouign Amann - QVC.com

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kouign amann

[ Edited ]

Have bought the combo  3 times so far and have given as a  present . They are delicious and go well served with goat cheese to spread on them . Easy to make in a Cuisinart  oven that has a bake  cycle  or  toaster oven. I freeze these on arrival as they are not frozen . Then I take out as many as I am going to serve  and place in the Cusinart  air fryer oven on the Bake cycle at 300 degrees . Toast only till  brown & crisp, otherwise you burn off alot of the carmel they dip them in . For more rapid cooking  you can cut in half halfway through cooking cycle to speed  process up .

Respected Contributor

Just watched the video (choc hazelnut is calling my name) and they are not shipped frozen. The recommendation is to take out what you need for a couple of days and freeze the rest on arrival.

They can be kept in the freezer for up to a year. They can be heated in the microwave. You won't get the outside crunch, but will still be tasty. Air fryer, or oven is best. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kouign amann

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 

Aren't they amazing?! I haven't tried the blueberry but they sound wonderful

BTW There is no Caramell on top only caramelization which occurs when the sugar sprinkled on top, is baked .

I find myself peeling it layer by layer! Lol

Respected Contributor

I noticed there were other flavors offered yesterday. They were at a slightly higher price and had an option for holiday ship dates.

Respected Contributor

I looked up a recipe to make these, it's a bread dough yeast based pastry.

As soon as the weather cools a little, I'll put these on my list.  Doesn't appear to cost a lot to make these other than time.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I looked up a recipe to make these, it's a bread dough yeast based pastry.

As soon as the weather cools a little, I'll put these on my list.  Doesn't appear to cost a lot to make these other than time.

@Just Bling 

Breads and pastries are always best homemade. Good luck with that!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't order anything not frozen until cold weather.  Even if it is packed in ice.  

I do know and have bought salmon from Alaska and it has come in the hottest weather, still frozen and still in frozen packs in a cooler.  But other than that, and I have ordered from them many years, I wouldn't risk some other supplier.