Honored Contributor

It's time, 1 year warranty expired in September.

I avoided buying an oven with digital controls because I've seen too many times those electronic boards go out.

Mine is the kind with knobs.

K45811   <link

The function knob will no longer turn.

It was a real struggle over Thanksgiving but I can't wrestle with it anymore.

I guess I got my moneys worth, I used it pretty much every day.

I will replace it, but not with the same item.

Frequent Contributor

I got the KA convection oven when it was a TSV and I'm really not that impressed with it. Expected to be more impressed with a KA product. Doesn't really seem that well made. We'll see how long it lasts.

Honored Contributor

That's a shame - lasted only a year and a few months.  Please be sure to write a review so others are forewarned.

Respected Contributor

You can get the Oster french door one with knobs at WalMart for around or less than $100.  There is also the XL Oster one at WalMart for around $70.  Both fit a 9 x 13 pan.  At least this way, you aren't out tons and get your money's worth if it days after a year. WalMart also offers a cheap, less than $10, extended warranty.

Esteemed Contributor

Hate to make you feel worse; but mine is working perfectly.  Love it.  I probably bought mine before you did and also from QVC on their $99 deal.  I don't use it every day; but did again today for a baked dish.  Perhaps you should call KI for help or a replacement.

Honored Contributor

No replacement wanted.

I'd rather try a different brand.

Something more reliable, even if I have to  pay a bit more.

@fthunt wrote:

Hate to make you feel worse; but mine is working perfectly.  Love it.  I probably bought mine before you did and also from QVC on their $99 deal.  I don't use it every day; but did again today for a baked dish.  Perhaps you should call KI for help or a replacement.

Honored Contributor

I'll look into it, thanks

@Tigriss wrote:

You can get the Oster french door one with knobs at WalMart for around or less than $100.  There is also the XL Oster one at WalMart for around $70.  Both fit a 9 x 13 pan.  At least this way, you aren't out tons and get your money's worth if it days after a year. WalMart also offers a cheap, less than $10, extended warranty.

Honored Contributor

The reviews are not good, almost half are 1 or 2 star reviews.

Thanks for the suggestion, I left a review.

@ValuSkr wrote:

That's a shame - lasted only a year and a few months.  Please be sure to write a review so others are forewarned.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I have a little KA oven and it is around 3 years old.  It gets a lot of daily use and it is still hanging in there.  My one complaint about it is the little knobs are hard to read.  The shiny chrome and the little black letters for the different functions like bake, toast, etc don't stand out very well and I have to get right on top of it to see how it is set.  Several times I thought I was preheating the oven and I wasn't because the function knob was still set to toast. An electronic panel might actually be better in this case in that your settings might be more obvious.  

So when it croaks it will be a short mourning period for me!  I would like a counter top oven that would hold a 9 x 13 pan.  

Valued Contributor

@software wrote:

No replacement wanted.

I'd rather try a different brand.

Something more reliable, even if I have to  pay a bit more.

@fthunt wrote:

@software  I've had my Breville for 3 years and use it every day. If and when it goes I would only replace it with another Breville, they make a great product.