Contributor

Kitchenaid Special Value on HSN

What a train wreck the presenters are on the other channel!  Helen trips all over herself presenting the KitchenAid mixer last night.  "uuummmmm", "ummmm", didn't even get to the specifc and colors until like 45 minutes into the presentation.  Just now, HSN presenter said you get "5" different blades with the Fresh Prep.  Uh, no you don't -- you get 3 (QVC's pack up gives you 4) --- If the host prepared for the presentation, she would have known that.  

Proving once again, (like the Dooney presentations), QVC's presenters are more polished and knowledgeable about their products.  It's like HSN's hosts just show up and wing it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchenaid Special Value on HSN

@vickyh2 wrote:

What a train wreck the presenters are on the other channel!  Helen trips all over herself presenting the KitchenAid mixer last night.  "uuummmmm", "ummmm", didn't even get to the specifc and colors until like 45 minutes into the presentation.  Just now, HSN presenter said you get "5" different blades with the Fresh Prep.  Uh, no you don't -- you get 3 (QVC's pack up gives you 4) --- If the host prepared for the presentation, she would have known that.  

Proving once again, (like the Dooney presentations), QVC's presenters are more polished and knowledgeable about their products.  It's like HSN's hosts just show up and wing it. 

That may well be, I haven't seen the HSN presentation, however I could do without the squeaky voice of the KA presenter on the Q, and the incessant reciting of the colors. JMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I saw the presentation, it was a very "amateur hour" job compared to what we see on QVC.

Super Contributor

That is all in part of being informative. If they did't repeat the colors you would complain about that. Everyone voice is different why say that about someone. There is no way of pleasing some people.

Honored Contributor

Interesting that some of the prices are more at HSN than at QVC.  The small KA chopper is $10. more than at QVC and the 7-cup food processor is $20. more than I paid at QVC.  

Honored Contributor

It was painful to watch.

Honored Contributor

Qvc is way more polished than HSN. 

Honored Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

That is all in part of being informative. If they did't repeat the colors you would complain about that. Everyone voice is different why say that about someone. There is no way of pleasing some people.

First of all, no I wouldn't complain, because it is annoying and second  I think voice is very important for an on air personality. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

QVC has more than its share of trainwrecks too, including some newer hosts who apparently think the hand of God is going to decend and give them ultimate knowledge about a product so they don't have to be prepared.  It doesn't happen.

QVC has been presenting Kitchenaid for years and years.  They ought to be good at it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Qvc is way more polished than HSN. 

Was about to say the same thing.  I have not bought anything from HSN for several years and I rarely watch it anymore.  Shannon Smith is a prime example of the sales antics over there. 

HSN keeps reporting sales decline each quarter.  It is going to take replacing some of the hosts and revamping their sales presentations in order for them to turn things around.