Contributor

Kitchenaid Mixer - Front Metal Piece Separated

The recent Kitchenaid mixer TSV just arrived and I am disappointed by the construction.  The front metal band that is located under where the logo appears, where the spin head is, has separated from the rounded top front part.  Not to mention, my mixer arrived in a plain brown box.  For this much money, I expected better quality.  Is this normal? Are you supposed to see the screws like that?

Picture attached.

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchenaid Mixer - Front Metal Piece Separated

[ Edited ]

Mine does not have that gap, but it is 4 or 5 years old (maybe more???).

That looks odd to me.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @gemologygal, I am so sorry that happed to you, and no. I do not believe the mixer should look like that. Please return it to QVC of a replacement or refund. If you need additional help please send us an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

Contributor

I just called CS and the only thing she said was that she was very sorry that happened.  The color we wanted is now sold out, nothing they can do, so she said to return it.  So much for that.  What a waste of money.  For that price (not a cheap item!) we don't want to settle for a different color that we aren't in love with.  We chose the Pearl Metallic.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe if you contact KA directly.  I'm not a fan of the brand but I've heard that they have excellent customer service.   Since they stopped being made by Hobart and now being 'imported' for sales on tv shopping, they are not as durable as they once were.

Honored Contributor

Every time they feature the KA mixers ,I'm almost seduced by the colors, { I love red }, but my 

1980 boring almond one works fine, so I pass. They are pretty though...sigh. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I would love to have them in all colors just for the decor!  I'm sorry your color is sold out and the one you did get has issues.  I will say this is not normal for KA.

Contributor

Relived to report that a replacement, in Pearl Metallic, is being sent!  Crossing fingers everything checks out perfectly, excellently with the new one that's coming. Thank you QVC! 

Honored Contributor

Are these made in China now?

Respected Contributor

On the KA website, the only two that I could find that were described as being assembled in the US, were the two most expensive mixers they make. Both were almost $1000.  The others had no statement as to where they were assembled.