Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kitchenaid Convection Oven...

Breville has a small toaster oven with the same features (not convection). I have it and use it daily. There are just 2 of us and it suits our needs completely! Buy the smaller oven pans on Amazon to use.

Valued Contributor

On 1/25/2015 LilyBell2 said:
On 1/25/2015 mousiegirl said:

I bought this at amazon and love it.

Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ

That's the one I have. It's wonderful!

I thought this was the one I wanted to but it is not big enough to use with a 9x13 dish! I got it last Friday and was going to use it Friday night & tried to put an empty 9x13 dish inside, it didn't fit so I have it packed up to take it to UPS to ship back. Other than that, it was perfect but I want one that I can bake casseroles & sheet cakes in!

Valued Contributor

On 1/25/2015 chickenbutt said:

If you just need a toaster oven, they cost a lot less than a full-on convection oven. That's a whole different deal plus it's going to be larger.

I have a convection oven (not either of the brands mentioned, though) and absolutely LOVE it. I use it frequently as a convection oven and the convection oven also does have toast settings and lots of other choice.

But if you just want a toaster oven that might be what gets you what you need for a lot less money and lot less space commitment. For me, the convection oven is used when I want to bake something (up to 9x13) for which I don't want to crank up the big oven.

mind saying what brand yours is that holds a 9x13 dish? I just got & packed back up when I found that is wasn't big enough to bake a 9x13 dish in and that is the main reason for getting one. I have found another one that says it does and wondering if it's the same brand as you have? TIA

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased this one for the small footprint and also purchased the smaller pans ($20) from Amazon. Use it at least once every day. Love it for roasting veggies and breads.

Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 gkelly5744 said:

If you just need a toaster oven, they cost a lot less than a full-on convection oven. That's a whole different deal plus it's going to be larger.

I have a convection oven (not either of the brands mentioned, though) and absolutely LOVE it. I use it frequently as a convection oven and the convection oven also does have toast settings and lots of other choice.

But if you just want a toaster oven that might be what gets you what you need for a lot less money and lot less space commitment. For me, the convection oven is used when I want to bake something (up to 9x13) for which I don't want to crank up the big oven.

mind saying what brand yours is that holds a 9x13 dish? I just got & packed back up when I found that is wasn't big enough to bake a 9x13 dish in and that is the main reason for getting one. I have found another one that says it does and wondering if it's the same brand as you have? TIA

Hi! Mine is the Calphalon XL Digital Convection Oven. It holds a 9x13 with no problem. When I was looking for a convection oven I did a lot of research and found this one to be superior to the Breville brand. The Brevilles had a lot of complaints about it generating way too much heat (to the point of possible danger) and I wanted something that felt more durable and integrous of build.

I've had mine for a while now and I could not be more pleased. HTH Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 chickenbutt said:

Hi! Mine is the Calphalon XL Digital Convection Oven. It holds a 9x13 with no problem. When I was looking for a convection oven I did a lot of research and found this one to be superior to the Breville brand. The Brevilles had a lot of complaints about it generating way too much heat (to the point of possible danger) and I wanted something that felt more durable and integrous of build.

I've had mine for a while now and I could not be more pleased. HTH Smiley Happy

My Breville doesn't generate any heat that I have noticed. Maybe the one you are talking about is not the smart oven.

Honored Contributor

I thought this was the one I wanted to but it is not big enough to use with a 9x13 dish! I got it last Friday and was going to use it Friday night & tried to put an empty 9x13 dish inside, it didn't fit so I have it packed up to take it to UPS to ship back. Other than that, it was perfect but I want one that I can bake casseroles & sheet cakes in!

Mine holds a 9 x 15 oval Le Creuset, the bed of it being 9 1/2. If all of the contents don't fit, I put it in a smaller dish and save it to cook it later.

Valued Contributor

On 1/26/2015 mousiegirl said:

Mine holds a 9 x 15 oval Le Creuset, the bed of it being 9 1/2. If all of the contents don't fit, I put it in a smaller dish and save it to cook it later.

The one I just sent back was the same one you bought from Amazon and I tried to put 2 different rectanglur 9x13 dishes (temp-tations & a pryex) into the oven...none would fit. I don't want to have to "size down" to smaller dishes to bake casseroles, cakes, etc. The main reason I am getting a counter oven is so I can use a 9x13 dish.

Thanks chickenbutt, I am doing research and I appreciate your opinion about the one you have. So far it looks just what I am wanting!

Honored Contributor

Glad to help, GK Smiley Happy

I agree about doing your own research and finding what's best for you. For me, the Calphalon was the best choice and I don't have to worry about it. That other brand just had too many complaints and the spot I had for it was below some cabinets so I wanted to feel comfortable and safe.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/25/2015 betteb said:

I have the same Kitchenaid, minus the convection. I'm not a fan of convection, I feel like it dries the food out.

I'm very happy with the one I have and really don't understand the reviews complaining about the heat. I don't think it puts out an excessive amount. It bakes fast and evenly, the quality is good.

I've used it pretty much daily for over a year. K300045

HI! betteb.............I am strongly thinking about purchasing a newer kitchen range. I am almost sold on the Bigger oven on the floor, which is a convection model/Whirlpool or LG.

I have often said I am not a chef in 'any' kitchen but had heard that CONVECTION was """ even heat"""? I was appreciative of you review..."feels like it dries the food-OUT" What would be the difference? ........ >* I have no idea (exactly) what to buy, now.

I searched both #s here, provided and the black lettered message was: 'We're sorry, THIS item is not available at this time/BOTH item NUMBERS listed in this thread. So, I will re-consider until I go to the department's appliance department.
I have had a toaster oven before and used it for years, then replaced it with a newer updated microwave. {THat is why I was interested in a TOASTER countertop oven, again}.

Than you for the above info. /from each poster/everyone definitely KNOWS more about kitchen appliances than the MEN in the stores.........!

_Naes