Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kitchenaid Convection Oven...

^^^ANYONE^^^{#emotions_dlg.confused1}, _Naes

Esteemed Contributor

NAES- I have never had much of a problem with even cooking in either a regular oven or a toaster oven. I think that problem comes into play if you are trying to put several dishes in at the same time, or with older, malfunctioning ovens.

I had a regular oven with a convection feature and I had problems with meat and baked goods being dry. I asked my sister(she researches everything before she buys,LOL) about it and she said yes, the air circulating by fan can be drying to foods cooked in an open dish. So, I ended up never using the convection option I paid extra to get.

Here is a link to my toaster oven on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KCO222OB-Countertop-Oven-Black/dp/B003TSXBGK/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&i...

When I bought it, I also considered the one chickenbutt says she has. I think it's a good one too, just, I think, higher priced, and maybe a couple of inches wider.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you Smilebetteb -so much-~

The information was very good, "THOSE" must be very good or very popular, only 1 left. Then betteb, what range could I have since, it's over 15 year old???

I have to replace it due to the broiler and oven (heat) not shutting off each time /electric. I have the cooking element on top. I am almost sold on the SMOOTH TOP if I can find the lighest weight cookingware. [->Off the Topic/**-<]: Also, I am sorry for the 'late reply'. I could not get my music channels/cable. So I called (thinking this tech support was local) cable comapny and the female call center was talking me through, from the Phill^ipines.

Buying a range should be easier than country to country asking{#emotions_dlg.sleep} questions for a resolve! Again, thank you so much. I will remember what you have told me~ _Naes

Esteemed Contributor

On the range, I can only tell you that I have a gas range I bought about year ago that I am very happy with.

I wanted something very basic, no electronics to speak of to go wrong. I've had trouble in the past with ranges that have timer troubles, electronic spark troubles, etc. Fewer parts means fewer things to go wrong, IMO.

I can tell you that my sister did not like her smooth top range. She said the pans slid around too much. Everybody likes something differentSmile

This is what I bought

http://www.lowes.com/pd_634234-83-RGB525DEHWW_4294715787__?productId=50245983&Ns=p_product_price|0&p...

Off to the pharmacy, I'll check back

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/26/2015 betteb said:

On the range, I can only tell you that I have a gas range I bought about year ago that I am very happy with.

I wanted something very basic, no electronics to speak of to go wrong. I've had trouble in the past with ranges that have timer troubles, electronic spark troubles, etc. Fewer parts means fewer things to go wrong, IMO.

I can tell you that my sister did not like her smooth top range. She said the pans slid around too much. Everybody likes something differentSmile

This is what I bought

http://www.lowes.com/pd_634234-83-RGB525DEHWW_4294715787__?productId=50245983&Ns=p_product_price|0&p...

Off to the pharmacy, I'll check back

,,,,well more appreciative news I am receiving from you. Actually, our home is just about now-over 15 years old, but (as far as I know) never had a gas hook up, so that will be my 1st search project....to have someone create a gas hook UP, if that doesn't tear into the wall that much. I prefer a gas stove, and `FREESTANDING` was the 'word' that I could not remember. Thank you again, betteb....I'm checking your site after sending this. Reall, I am not over the moon with cookware sliding. I have seen one (neighbor's) and the top looks horrible with scratches and small fissures.
Have a great day! Thank you so much.

_NaesSmile