Valued Contributor

KitchenAid Food Chopper concern ...

It's frustrating to me that KitchenAid makes a food chopper with a durable motor, but a work bowl that is plastic and can easily break before the motor gives out.  My chopper lid has broken where it connects to the bowl. Without the lid securely snapping into place on the bowl the chopper won't work.  Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a replacement bowl. Smiley Sad 

Trusted Contributor

Re: KitchenAid Food Chopper concern ...

@shy bobcat @I googled kitchen aid chopper replacement bowl and found some.  Or you can put Kitchen Aid chopper replacement parts.  

Valued Contributor

@eadu4  Thank you for searching.  I have checked KitchenAid but they don't have the replacement I need. I will Google as you recommended, and see if I can find the correct replacement bowl.  That would make my day!

Valued Contributor

In my continued search for a bowl and lid I discovered my chopper is, obsolete and parts are discontinued. Guess I'll buy a new chopper.  

Trusted Contributor

@shy bobcat @aww shoot I'm sorry I was hoping one of the ones I saw would work for you.  Model specific parts are a pain.  You would think they could have made the bowl a universal part.

Respected Contributor

I have had my chopper for years; it has a cracked top but still works; have not looked for a replacement but will need to soon. Sometimes a replacement part costs more than buying a new appliance.

Respected Contributor

I've had 2 Kitchenaid food processors over the years.  I gave my 13 cup away because we were empty nesters and got a 9 cup.  I've not had problems with my bowl or lid.  I NEVER put them in the dishwasher.  I always feel like the dishwasher temp is too high and the soap is stronger.

Esteemed Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

In my continued search for a bowl and lid I discovered my chopper is, obsolete and parts are discontinued. Guess I'll buy a new chopper.  

@shy bobcat,  have you checked eBay?  I've purchased items there of discontinued (old) models because I like them so much. Often they are less expensive than new ones.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@shy bobcat wrote:

@shy bobcat,  have you checked eBay?  I've purchased items there of discontinued (old) models because I like them so much. Often they are less expensive than new ones.

@Marp  Thank you for your suggestion. In my search eBay did give an indication that there was a bowl to buy.  Unfortunately, the bowl on eBay looked well used and did not come with a lid.  I did discover that the need for parts is very specific. I actually need a lid and not a bowl. It was my wrong assumption that a bowl came with a lid. I hope to learn something new everyday. Smiley Happy