Honored Contributor

Re: KitchenAid 6 qt. 575 Watt Bowl Lift Stand Mixer w/ Combi-Whip

@CCofPA wrote:

Really considering purchasing the KitchenAid 6 qt. 575 Watt Bowl Lift Stand Mixer w/ Combi-Whip  during the Comfort Cooking event. Does anyone know if Kitchen Aid Stand mixers will be a TSV the remainder of the year? I really want this one but it can wait.

They usually do have one leading up to the holidays. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a 72 year  old KA tilt head mixer that my Mom  got as a wedding gift. Still going strong - and when we were little kids she made bread every morning in it and mashed potatoes in it almost every night for dinner. When we had potato pancakes they were shredded in the KA attachment.Not to mention it has made a mountain of homemade pasta. That machine , which is one of the smaller models, did everything very well. Has never broken down ( knock on wood), and only has needed the grease changed once in all those years. ( My DH looked up on the internet how to change the grease and did it himself). She runs smooth as silk and very quiet but as powerful as needed. IMO these machines are everything KA claims they are.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this mixer, I got it years ago and I got it in copper. I love the copper and it is more expensive but IMO worth it. It is heavy but when I moved into a new home I had a lot of construction work done and I had them build a cupboard that opened up and had a shelf I could put it on and I pull up that shelf and it is the exact same height as my counter. When I am done using it, I lower the shelf and close the cabinet. Works great.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@Sooner

The best known ones are called "magic sliders" and available in many different shapes/sizes.  They're usually available in the hardware dept. at Target or Walmart, hardware stores, big box hardware stores and Amazon.  Love them!

THANKS FOR THE INFO!  That would make it easier to clean behind! 

Respected Contributor

I have a similar KA 6qt mixer (white--it was the only color years ago)--it's at least fifteen years old. The ones that are TSV here on QVC are often a lower wattage and a special model. So check the specs when it goes on sale. 

If you keep shopping around, during Christmastime, they go on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond and on Amazon for around the same price or lower than the TSV's usually are, and you can choose a standard model.

If you need to judge about the 6qt--it's better for bread if you do 2 loaves at a time and it's better if you're cooking for a crowd, like doing mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. I gave up my bread machine because the KA just does it so well. A few more steps (you rise in a bowl and form a loaf for the oven) but it's not much more work and the bread comes out amazing. I got the flex paddle to go with it recently and it's very good. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one a couple yaers ago and LOVE IT. I am in the process of buying the pasta attachments.....

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I bought one a couple yaers ago and LOVE IT. I am in the process of buying the pasta attachments.....

The pasta attachments are my favorite. The ice cream bowl is wonderful, too!

Occasional Contributor

Re: KitchenAid 6 qt. 575 Watt Bowl Mixer and LID

I LOVE my new Kitchen AId mixer!!! It allows me to make so many more things. IF anyone is interested in a lid for the 6 quart glass bowl, you can go to kitchenaid.com.  The part number for the lid is W10559999G. The lid is priced at $14.99, not including tax and shipping. You may also contact the KitchenAid Customer eXperience Center at (800) 541-6390. The hours are 8am to 8pm Monday-Friday ET.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this mixer and for anyone who has it, is there a secret to getting that bowl back on the pins  or what ever they are called easier?  I have such a hard time getting it back on it makes me not want to use it.  I feel bad about that because my mom bought for me. Does it just get easier the more you do it? 

Valued Contributor

@suewags23 wrote:

I have this mixer and for anyone who has it, is there a secret to getting that bowl back on the pins  or what ever they are called easier?  I have such a hard time getting it back on it makes me not want to use it.  I feel bad about that because my mom bought for me. Does it just get easier the more you do it? 

Hook the bowl on the side pins first, then push down on the back til it snaps into place. Pretty easy and less frustrating.. I LOVE my mixer!!  Happy Thanksgiving!!