Regular Contributor

Re: Are you kidding me?

[ Edited ]

Valued Contributor

There is a noticeable price increase in the food items for CIJ. They were selling 3 pounds of Harry London chocolates for $39, yet for the last several years, they’ve sold 5 pounds for that price. The Landies pretzels which used to be 18 full sized pretzels for $39 are now 32 half pretzelels for the same price. That’s 2 fewer full sized pretzels. They are keeping the prices the same, but decreasing the amount of product.

Honored Contributor

@Iris in bloom  I totally agree.  Almost all grocery stores and restaurants deliver prepared  food now and much of it is free delivery.  That would be much fresher.   Also, so many websites deliver groceries free--even perishables within an hour or so.   The prices at QVC are quite high in my opinion and the food is never as good as it looks on the presentations.  

Honored Contributor

I have purchased a few food items and each one has been worth every penny.  These are things I can't purchase in a store.  I'm sorry it's not in your budget but there's no need to be negative about it for that reason.  Choices people

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They were thinking people will buy them.  If they thought right, they'll be back.  If they thought wrong, they'll be consigned to the scrap heap of shopping history along with the "Bob Bowersox Farewell" tape.Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Iris in bloom wrote:

I'm gobsmacked as my mom would say. I've had this brand and it's nothing special, I love QVC but they need to treat their customers like they have some brains. 

@Iris in bloom.  They prefer to treat them like they have money.  They don't  care about brains.  The people who buy this stuff are looking for convenience,  can afford it, so why should anI yone else care?  It's really none of our business. 

Really, don’t you ever watch a presentation of any product, not just food, and shake your head ? 

I don't watch stuff and shake my head.  However, if I did it would be over why anyone cares what others spend on things.  

Don't people realize that you can pay a lot of money for a lot of things that other people would never buy or could never buy.  How is that new, interesting or surprising in this day and age? 

Honored Contributor

@Iris in bloomLC is definitely way cheaper.   I just  don't like the chicken at all -  gummy and too much of it tastes alike even when the description is different. 

I'm not buying QVC' either -  I don't need anyone's offerings in the sizes they sell.  Good thing we can still buy food locally although for the small quantities I want to buy, lots of the prices still feel extreme to me.  Sometimes remembering the past just hurts!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iris in bloom - Everyone (including @Kachina624) is allowed to express opinions in the forums. Whether those opinions match yours does not matter, and a difference of opinion is certainly not the same as an argument or an attack. If you share something here, and especially if you invite people to agree or disagree with you by posting a comment that is potentially polarizing, you should expect to hear from both sides. And if you take every dissenting post personally, you will find the forums to be an unpleasant place to visit.

We are all different people coming from different backgrounds with different preferences, but we all have the same right to say what we think and feel here. That's the beauty of a forum, which is defined as "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged." I appreciate the opportunity to see what other people think about things and to share both the good and the bad in the world, even if most of that content here is limited to the small realm of QVC.

I hope you'll keep posting in and enjoying the forums, but I also hope you'll be a little more welcoming (or at least understanding) of ideas that are different from your own—and if that doesn't seem possible in the moment, just scroll on by. I find that I do that a lot sometimes, even completely avoiding whole forum topics, and it often is the best solution to avoiding frustration and contention.

ETA: For anyone reading this later, this post was a response to a few argumentative posts that have since been deleted from the thread.

Honored Contributor

@Iris in bloom wrote:

71 dollars for a few frozen chicken dinners, holy cow, QVC what are you thinking?

@Iris in bloom   Do you think this is insulting to people who did buy it?  For whatever reason?  Do you worry how they must feel when they read this?  Do you think about that?