Regular Contributor

Kitchen show selling jumper cables

I find this really odd that they’re spending sooo much time on this during a cooking show!  Maybe they mentioned that you can use it to power a camping burner or something.  Oh well, off to do some other activities this Sunday afternoon 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kitchen show selling jumper cables

ITA. Ridiculous and annoying!

Esteemed Contributor

Irritating, but the prerogative of QVC.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

That's when I walk, not to return.....

Trusted Contributor

So a few minutes ago I turned on TV to watch scheduled In the Kitchen with David, but no David and no kitchen. Instead, it was Mary selling a car battery charging thing.  Huh? Turned off TV; going outside to work in my garden — healthy and free. 

Respected Contributor

I can do without David on the show, but jumper cables being featured in a kitchen show......QVC is pushing their selling agenda, a turnoff....and I am not buying!

Honored Contributor

It hasn't been a "cooking" show or really even a kitchen show much of the time since Bob B. left.  It is a David show.  If you like David that's great.

If you are there for cooking, you probably have little interest or you just aren't there any more. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many of their viewers they lose when they pull a stunt like that?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624. Agreed!  I know I never turn back to QVC once they do that.  Just a real turn-off to me.  I'll watch Curtis Stone on HSN.

Respected Contributor

Today clinched it, I've given up thinking In The Kitchen will ever be interesting enough to click into anymore.  Waste of time.  Between repeated Temp-Tations and jumper cables, It's been awful for too long, they've had plenty of time to do better and have instead chosen to stay with the dreaded mundane.  It makes me feel sorry for David and Mary, them I like, but not enough to watch the unwatchable.