Honored Contributor

My cousin makes these and brings me a few every time she visits.  Frankly, I don't really like them as dishcloths, but instead, I use them under my cutting boards to keep them from slipping.  I also use them on the table so I can place a hot dish without harming the surface.

Perhaps yours are more conducive to washing dishes, but my cousin's really are not.

I don't see how you can make money for the amount you would have to ask for them. Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

I would charge her $4.50 each and give her an extra one.

Respected Contributor

Look on Etsy

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc wrote:

I crochet dishcloths. It costs me about a dollar in yarn and 1 hour to make one. What should I charge for each one. A lady wants 6. 😊 ❤ 😊 

that's 6 hours of your work..... minimum wage x 6 ?

if you belong to Ravelry you might get help there.

as a knitter I would be careful on this one, don't undervalue your work

Valued Contributor

Add the cost of materials and your labor.What is your time worth?Then compare with other similar items.

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc

I'm chuckling what @Laura14 posted as I've tried every brand including big $$$ Williams Sonoma towels so I want to be your 3rd  customer...if they really dry & aren't sopping wet after drying a few things -- to me it's priceless!!!

@Laura14:  The only ones I found really work are this pack of "tea towels" or "flour sack" style my gf bought me from WM she swore by them & they were cheap!   I can't find them anymore ...of course☹️

Honored Contributor

I only use terrycloth dish towels. Nothing else absorbs. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

From what I understand, these are dishcloths, to wash dishes, not dish towels to dry them.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

From what I understand, these are dishcloths, to wash dishes, not dish towels to dry them.

Right.  I completely misread or misunderstood.  I was thinking they were dish towels.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Right.  I completely misread or misunderstood.  I was thinking they were dish towels.  

@Citrine1& @proudlyfromNJ, I made that mistake recently. Kitchen towels are the ones for drying dishes (and wiping your hands).

I always buy mine at WS. I went there a few weeks ago to replenish mine but bought dish clothes by accident. I washed them before realizing my mistake, so I couldn't return them.

They are too small for drying dishes, so I use them for rags because I prefer a brush or one of those netted thingies to rinse or clean my dishes.

That said, I hope that the OP will get a fair price.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland