Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen HQ Speed Grater and Slicer with Suction Base

@MKR14--the lever on mine was really hard for me to push to get it to stick to the counter --have numbness and prob arthritis in my fingers and hands from chemo so my dexterity is horrible. And type of pushing /pulling is a struggle for me. Zip top bags are my sworn enemy!!!!Woman Wink wish I knew someone who wanted it.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl I am sorry and hope you will feel better. It is amazing how much we use our hands and when they give us pain. 

I just ordered another grater as today they have it in a few more colors. I ordered the blue for myself and will pass my red one along to a family member. I really do like this grater.

Frequent Contributor

I had the original one that you pushed a lever to keep it solid on the counter, it never worked so I sent it back.

I just received a new one that has a twisting device you turn and although it will hold for a couple of turns on the handle, it doesn't stick like the video.  So disappointed, I was hoping someone might have this newer model and could give me a few tips.  It really does the job great, but it needs to stay in place.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

got mine last year and use it often----works great and easy to clean and assemble

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Waterwoman I don't have one of these, but in general suction devices work better on a completely flat/smooth non-porous surface.  Also, it sometimes helps to wet the suction part. I always do that with my suction mirror.  It won't stick if it's dry.

Respected Contributor

I have purchased several of the original model and everyone I gave it to has had excellent results with theirs. I bought them when they first came on HSN and maybe I was lucky to buy all working ones.

I was looking at the newest one but decided not to try it as mine is so easy to suction down.

*** "Here is a hint my husband showed me"when I had a hard time locking down the one I bought. He said to press down on the top of the unit as I pushed the unit down to lock. Worked like a charm and always stayed locked until I was done.

I have to say when it locks down it is an awesome machine and so much fun to see how fast it does cheese etc. 

Hope this hint helps you. Should work on the one you screw on also.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

After seeing these units presented so many times, I went looking for one on Amazon so I could take advantage of my fast and free Prime shipping and really simple return policies, just in case. I ended up going with the Cambom Manual Rotary Cheese Grater and found it to be of excellent quality—very sturdy and simple and effective. It is available now for $23-$26 depending on the color you choose, but if you're not in a hurry, just add it to your cart and watch it; it tends to temporarily drop in price every week or so (I waited a week before buying mine and saved $4), and it is sometimes featured as a Lightning Deal, so it may be part of the upcoming Black Friday discounts.

Frequent Contributor

Our counter tops are porcelain tile - very smooth and the grater is not put on a grout line.  I must be doing something wrong, so will keep it, but it sure is frustrating!

I always dampen the suction area - will try "pushing down" when I turn the thingy that locks it.

Thanks all!

Respected Contributor

Sadly, the handle cracked on mine, at the spot where it joins the unit...