Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Gadget Overload !! Do we need 'em?

[ Edited ]

I agree about this. Get a good set of knives - keep them sharp. It's all you need.

My DH's father was a butcher so at our house we have very good knives and they are kept sharp, as he was taught to do.My DH is very skilled in the use of knives too.He was taught well from a young age, and he had worked in his family butcher shop from teen years until we finally closed it a few years ago.

Valued Contributor

Just cleaned out some of the kitchen cupboards....dontated the mandoline, lots of specialty pots/pans, and duplicates of pyrex. I think my most used "gadget" is my egg cooker since I hate boiling eggs. I'm even getting tired of the heavy, 6 qt crockpot. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree.  I'm on overload; however, it is all necessary because of the way I "cook".  Vitamix, juicer, dehydrator, instant pot, mandolin, food processor, panini (shredded potatoes on the panini grill stuffed with mushrooms/spinach are a staple in my home)....these are just the tools of my trade and I use them frequently.  There are a few outliers, like the soyabella but most of my kitchen tools are necessary unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

"Do we need 'em?"  -- nope--- do I love them ? --yep , bring em on ! Until you pry them out of my cold dead hand ! Smiley Happy

actually many bring relief to my arthritic hands and enable me to make homemade items. interesting article though. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not a gadget person.  

Honored Contributor

I don't have enough space for gadgets but if I did...

Respected Contributor

I don't have lots of gadgets because I hate cleaning them.  No need for a chopper/mixer to make tuna salad.  A knife and a bowl work just fine.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd@I hope that one day you can post that stuffed potato on the panini machine recipe.

Honored Contributor

I don't know who all is the "we" ... but I do need all my gadgets.