some corelle dishes 

my moms pyrex bowl that has to be at least 60 years old

the bagel slicer from QVC 50 in 50 in 1995

a few olf small utencils from my gram

revere pots 

Princess House crystal from the 70's---

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Equipment/Tools That Have Been With You Through The Years

I have a jar opener that was my grandmother’s. You fit the thing over the jar and twist it to fit, then turn the wooden handle on top. It was made in 1939. Also a Bakelite-handled metal spatula that I use to spread frosting on cakes.
Regular Contributor

My oldest, and one of my most used and favorite appliances is a Kitchenaid stand mixer my family bought for me when I was living in NYC over 30 years ago. The only thing I've had to do with it since is replace the chord.
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@LindaSal  "my mom's old manual meat grinder."

WOW!  You brought back some sweet memories.  My father (did all the cooking) had the grinder that screwed onto the table like a wrench.  My siblings & I loved to watch him grind meats at the top & watch the "worms" come out the front.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at Thu, Jul 23, 2020-11.29.26 AM.png

🎶 Thanks for the memories.... 🎶

@Mz iMac   You made me cry. We had this one too. It weighed a ton and was a pain to clean. My mother made ham salad with it.Thank you for posting.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My old avocado green nonstick Nordic Bundt Pan is a treasure. 

Northland Aluminum Bundt Pan Fluted Funnel Olive Green 10.5 X 3.75"

Frequent Contributor

These were wedding gifts 40 plus years ago.  Stainless steel mixing bowls (love these and think of the woman who gave them to us whenever I use them), stainless flatware, pyrex mixing bowl set, cutlery, recipe card file box, a set of crystal coasters.

Honored Contributor

I have almost everything I set up housekeeping with. I had a hope chest back in the day (1970's) and was excited to get stuff for it for my birthday and Christmas. 

I had brand new everything by the time I moved into my first apartment my junior year of college. 

Still have and using my Corelle Old Town Blue dishes and accessories, my Corningware, my Reverware pots and pans, flatware that my great aunt gave me, even some towel sets. I still have the KitchenAid stand mixer my mom got me for a wedding present in 1983, in fact, I built my new kitchen around it, as it's an almond color with brown trim. I'm not sure they make that exact shade anymore. I have looked at it on the counter for many years, and always thought I'd love to have a kitchen nice and neutral based on it's color, so I finally got to do that! LOL

I even still have drinking glasses from my first place, Ecko Flint serving spoons/spatulas, and some table linens from when I got married.

Still use it all, still love it all.

Valued Contributor

I have the old grinder of my mothers also. It clamps on the edge of the counter. My mom used to make "ham" salad with it, but used bologna instead of ham. If I had a dollar for every batch that went thru that thing, I'd be on the list of one Americas richest people! LOL!!

cookin

Honored Contributor

These (pic below) dont' do a whole lot, but I really like them and have had them for more decades than I can recall.

Otherwise, I think my olive wood utensils are some of the tools I've had the longest and loved the most.   They take just a little care and will stay pristine for life.

DSC00395.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@peachesncream wrote:

@peachesncream wrote:

@peachesncream 

I have that same green Bundt pan!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett