Yesterday Tina from Kitchen Aid talked of a recipe that used 1 any kind cake mix, 1 any kind can of pie filling, 2 eggs, vanilla.  I would really like the entire recipe.  Can you please send it to me.  Thank you, Susan

Trusted Contributor

I have a recipe I use, it's very similar.    Apple cake

1 box cake yellow or spice cake

2 tsp. cinnamon

3 eggs

1/3 cup oil

1 can apple pie filling (21 0z)

Mix all ingredients together, pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 35 min, until toothpick comes out clean.  Very moist and delicious cake.  I like to use spice cake box mix.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid cake recipe

[ Edited ]

@susansg

Her recipes are on Epicuricloud if you Google that with her name you will find her recipes.

I think this is what you are looking for.

Sometimes you need a quick & easy cake recipe…

This one uses just 4 ingredients and makes a moist, fluffy, fruity cake!

All you do is mix together a cake mix, can of pie filling, 2 eggs and some vanilla extract!

You can bake it as a 9” x 13” cake or 24 cupcakes! The cake is so moist, it doesn’t really need frosting, I sprinkled the 9” x 13” version with powdered sugar.

For the cupcakes I did top with some vanilla buttercream and maraschino cherries!

Think of all the flavor combinations:

• spice cake + apple pie filling

• yellow cake + blueberry pie filling

• strawberry cake + strawberry pie filling

• I used Devil’s Food Cake + Cherry Pie Filling

Pie Filling Easy Cake Recipe:

Tina Verrelli - epicuricloud.com

Makes 9” x 13” cake or 24 cupcakes

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 (15.25-ounce) cake mix

• 1 (21-ounce) can pie filling

• 2 large eggs

• 1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Prepare baking dish by spraying with nonstick baking spray or lining cupcake pan with paper liners.

Mix together cake mix, pie filling, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined, but do not over mix.

(You want some of the fruit to remain whole, while some fruit pieces break down, adding great fruity flavor throughout the batter.)

Bake 9” x 13” pan for about 30-35 minutes or until springs back in center and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Bake cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Allow to cool completely then sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost with you favorite frosting.

Notes:

I use either my KitchenAid Hand Mixer with the turbo beaters or my KitchenAid Stand Mixer fitted with the flex edge beater to mix the batter. You could certainly mix by hand as well.

I have mixed a triple batch at one time in my KitchenAid Pro 600 6-quart Stand Mixer - It makes about 72 cupcakes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid cake recipe

[ Edited ]

I was going to share the same recipe and links; thanks for beating me to it! Smiley Happy

FWIW, I make these "easy as pie" cakes (the name given to the recipe when I received it) all the time—they're great! The spice cake mix and apple pie filling combo is the hands-down favorite year round, and butter pecan cake mix with peach pie filling is a close second. No one seems to love the flavor of the strawberry cake mix no matter what pie filling is used because it is just too artificial and sweet.

Three tips:

1) The fillings that don't have fruit pieces in them (e.g., lemon and key lime) do not work very well.

2) You can use egg substitute or egg whites in place of the whole eggs and everything turns out just fine.

3) The cake works best in a 9x13" or Bundt pan rather than in cupcake form.

Have fun!!!

ETA: I agree with the previous note that these cakes don't need frosting; the closest we ever get is a simple powdered sugar glaze. Try using apple cider instead of water or milk for the spice/apple version, peach nectar for the butter pecan/peach version, and lemon juice for any version using lemon cake mix.