Occasional Contributor

Kitchen Aid Mixer

[ Edited ]

I need a mixer! Any word as to when they will have something on TSV?

Fina

Just Be Kind!

Honored Contributor

Kitchen aid hand mixer's are alright I'd steer clear of the big one's though

If you got the spare change , best , big mixer they make is Cuisinart use 20% off coupon.

I got a mini kitchen aid from Bed and Bath it 's done well, but, the big pink one I bought from Q was damaged, sent back to KA, sent new one it drug the beaters and clanged clanged sent it back too . QVC did refund purchase price so they stood behind it.

Probably wouldn't buy a big ka mixer again. People have had theirs for yrs and yrs with good luck, but, the new ones aren't manufactured under same standards as with 100 other name brand appliances that have went down hill.

I use my Cuisinart every week and never let me down. Wish they would make a small bowl , though. LOL

Honored Contributor

I like my big mixer, its a Hamilton Beach.  Less than half the price of KA's.  My hand mixer is one I have had for years and years, it works just fine, its a Sunbeam.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I don't know if you are tied to shopping at QVC but there are usually good prices on KA on their website.   

I'm still using my mom's Sunbeam mixer.   2nd generation.

@Fina wrote:

Fina

Just Be Kind!

Trusted Contributor

Check around. Within the past 2 weeks I've seen GREAT prices on multiple other sites and stores, which I probably am not allowed to mention here. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Mixer

[ Edited ]

I have had no problems with mine, bought the bowl lift and the tilt head from Williams Sonoma.  I use the tilt head in the summer when I am not baking as much, but would NOT give up my bowl life.  I LOVE it!  The spiral dough hook works really well. Bought the tilt head pretty much because of the toffee color!  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@Fina wrote:

Fina

Just Be Kind!

The mixer marketplace is getting shaken up a bit with the introduction of some large, Chinese-made mixers at fairly low prices. If you look around a bit you may find a well reviewed large mixer for a very good price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Follow the Costco prices .  They go up and down on a predictable basis and the 6qt. is low now. They sell both the lift head and the smaller tilt head.  Plus you get their warrenty. You can research online which other models are equivalent for purchasing added accessories.

Valued Contributor

I have a beautiful glossy red cinnamon KA. I like it but I don't love it. I really wish I still had my Bosch which I gave to one of my girls. 

Honored Contributor

I would love to upgrade my kitchen aid mixer to the bigger “do it all” mixer. 

My friend purchased one and was so disappointed it doesn’t fit under her cabinets and now takes up valuable real estate on her island.

Comments?