Esteemed Contributor

At least as of ten years ago, Kitchen Collection used to sell refurbished Kitchen Aide mixers; many of these came from the cooking shows ( notice how their mixers are always new?).

Trusted Contributor

HSN also offers Kitchen Aid mixers from time to time.  And Macy's usually has a sale in the Fall.

Trusted Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
I bought my last one when it was TSV in November

I bought one then, too, for a gift.  I'd been waiting for a good sale, and the TSV price was the best I've ever seen for them anywhere.

I bought mine about 4 years ago from Macy's, on sale, and I thought it was a very good price.  But the TSV last November was $65.00 less than what I paid for mine.

Honored Contributor

Although they don't offer a thousand colors, Costco is generally a good place to find a decent value on KA mixers.  From time to time they offer a discound coupon for them too.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@HLP   Sorry to hear this.  I had trouble at the beginning because I was afraid I'd "break" something.Smiley Happy

The trick I learned to attach the bowl properly is to put the  bowl on the pins and then push at the inside of the BACK of the bowl until it snaps into place under that clip on the upright column.  Your bowl is then securely in place.

Hope this helps.

I read the manual several times but actually finally perfected by watching a demo I found somewhere on the internet.

Once you've done it successfully a few times getting the bowl on and off a bowl lift is easy.

Hope this helps you get much more use out of your mixer.  If you still hate it that much sell it--people pine to own one--or, if you can afford it, give it away to someone who will love and use it.

Best,

aroc3435 

Thanks, I will give it another try I have the small hand mixer, 2 food processers, a refrigerator, toaster from Kitchen Aid, which I am happy  with, but this mixer was all I could do to get the bowl off and on.also, pinched my finger. Had my Son and DIL both try it, and they said get rid of it. I make a poppyseed salad dressing which almost fills the bowl, and no way could I use this mixer. I bought a cover and all the attachments, which is why I still have it collecting dust.

Contributor

You've got my number.  I am yearning for a zippy new color! It looks like they are selling down to one or two colors in most models, so I foresee a TSV in the near future and a zippy new color for Momma!

Honored Contributor

I'm actually in the market for a new KA hand mixer.  I would be interested in a TSV.

Honored Contributor

KA came out with one that 's cordless. Doesn't have the power of a electric, but, it's nice for small jobs.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if this is a good price or not but Target has a 4.5 quart for $279 right now.   They say it's $70 off.

Honored Contributor

If I can find anything in person and can buy it local I'd much rather.

Processing times and any mail services leave a lot to be desired.