Regular Contributor

Kitchen Aid Mini Stand Mixer

Does anyone have the new Kitchen Aid mini stand mixer?  I've been wanting one ever since I saw it at Target.  I would use this size more than the full size Kitchen Aid I received as a wedding gift 25 years ago.  The one I have is too big to sit out on my counter all the time, but there's room on the counter for the mini mixer.  If the Q offered this mixer on easy pay, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  

Super Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Mini Stand Mixer

I'd never heard of it before now. Amazon has them, just type in 'kitchenaid 3.5 quart' and you'll find it. Price varies by color, colors shown below. I believe with an Amazon Store Card you can take 6 months to pay for orders over $149.

kitchenaid.PNG

Honored Contributor

Must not read the Kitchen threads very often.

I got the red, buy it at Bed and Bath with the 20% coupon. Cheaper.

Comes with all the beaters (except the flex edge) and one bowl. 3.5 qt bowl

Q, for some reason isn't going to carry it till maybe much later. I asked the CS person.

I bought the flex edge from Williams Sonoma and it made the bowl clang. I was afraid I'd tear it up , so, took it off and threw it away. Wrote KA and told them the flex edge doesn't work with the mini mixer. (OK with the big one I've had both sizes) and told her I cut on the silicone edge to hopefully not make so much noise and cut the tip off the bottom of the flex edge beater, also.

they replied back "nothing wrong with it it's just making that noise from scraping down the sides of the bowl" and I'll be hog tied if they're not gonna send me another one !!!!!!    Didn't make any noise with the big one, although, I had to adjust the screw when I went between bowls.

Sent back the big one. Still don't think the mini is suppose to sound that noisy with the flex edge beater. I probably just won't use it. Don't want to run the risk of tearing it up, it's almost the same price as the biggie. I'll get by with the standard beater.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Must not read the Kitchen threads very often.

I got the red, buy it at Bed and Bath with the 20% coupon. Cheaper.

Comes with all the beaters (except the flex edge) and one bowl. 3.5 qt bowl

Q, for some reason isn't going to carry it till maybe much later. I asked the CS person.

I bought the flex edge from Williams Sonoma and it made the bowl clang. I was afraid I'd tear it up , so, took it off and threw it away. Wrote KA and told them the flex edge doesn't work with the mini mixer. (OK with the big one I've had both sizes) and told her I cut on the silicone edge to hopefully not make so much noise and cut the tip off the bottom of the flex edge beater, also.

they replied back "nothing wrong with it it's just making that noise from scraping down the sides of the bowl" and I'll be hog tied if they're not gonna send me another one !!!!!!    Didn't make any noise with the big one, although, I had to adjust the screw when I went between bowls.

Sent back the big one. Still don't think the mini is suppose to sound that noisy with the flex edge beater. I probably just won't use it. Don't want to run the risk of tearing it up, it's almost the same price as the biggie. I'll get by with the standard beater.

@SharkE

I don't think those flex edge beaters are all they are cracked up to be.  I have a 6 qt bowl life and a tilt head (don't ask!  LOL!!!) and i just don't think they work better than the other one.  I stop and scrape anyway, especially in the bottom of the bowl. 

Honored Contributor

Agree ! I got a new one coming Wed courtesy of me telling KA what I thought of them she just acted like the noise is appropriate, but, I don't want to take the chance of tearing up a brand new 300 mixer even with the 20% off.

Wish I knew somebody that could use it and wanted to take the chance.

Honored Contributor

Men, manufacture these things and don't know squat about cooking.

LOL