Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Demonstration Made Me Sick Today

Laura Winters did not crack the eggs herself. All three eggs were already cracked and sitting in a saucer along with the other ingredients that she had to add to the mixture. I know it is live TV, but this was prepared ahead of time and should have never been put out there for Laura to add to the mixture. I think whoever prepared the ingredients for her and saw the bloody eggs should have disposed of them before being put out there on live TV. I know they wouldn't make you sick, but they aren't very appetizing to be put in a recipe. I really like Laura Winters and this certainly is nothing against her.

Honored Contributor

I don't find that there's much of anything, about food prep, to take personally.

IMO, eggs are gross anyway so it's probably grosser to me when I see eggs with that gross white thing go into a recipe. BUT, I recognize that that is just me so I figure it's nothing personal.

The band-aid mentioned above would probably make me a little queasy though. ha! If you're sporting a Band-Aid it's always best to put on a surgical glove. Hopefully, most people have a box of surgical gloves handy. I use those a lot and the thrifty person in me also finds that they wash up well and can be re-used, so I'm not being wasteful. Obviously, I don't re-use the ones I used preparing raw poultry or something like that.

New Contributor

On 2/16/2015 corvettesandy said:

Laura Winters did not crack the eggs herself. All three eggs were already cracked an..................I really like Laura Winters and this certainly is nothing against her.

Not sure who this Laura Winters is? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

QVC's KitchenAid Rep is Laura Weathers........{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'm sure since you "really like" her? You would want her correct name. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I really think the "spots" in the eggs, was vanilla extract.

I wish everyone who got a new KitchenAid, Happy Baking, Cooking & mixing in it! I've had my KA for many years now. If you think you will use it a lot? I highly reccomend you purchase a second bowl. It really helps especially when you do something like a cake with a filling & frosting. Once cake is in, bowl 1 washed, you can have your filling AND frosting ready & waiting when your cake is cooled {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I'm saving up for the Pro Model eventually & will pass mine to my daughter probably {#emotions_dlg.wub}