New Contributor

Kitchen Aid Apple Cake recipe??

Hi, Does anyone know where the recipe is online for the apple cake Laura was making this morning? I think she called it an Apple Pie Cake. She keeps saying that all the recipes she is doing this morning are online -- but I can't find them! I've gone to pinterest -- and put in "The kitchen Aid Lady on Q" as she instructed, and got no where. Then I put in Kitchen Aid Lady -- and got re-directed back to QVC and the recipes listed there! Huh. I'm not the swiftest at using web sites like pinterest, but I try and click and can't find anything.

I do find the recipes on QVC -- but apple cake isn't listed there either. :-(

Thanks in advance! Any help would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Apple Cake recipe??

It's on one of her Pinterest pages here. http://www.pinterest.com/laura3685/january-tsv-25-2015/ It's a Betty Crocker recipe. The link from Pinterest takes you here

http://www.bettycrocker.com/How-To/TipsLibrary/Baking-Tips/Apple-Pie-Cake?nicam4=SocialMedia&nichn4=...

It has pics & shows how to make it. It does not have the amounts used under each pic but someone posted this under the messages.

Topping; 1cup flour, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup butter,cut into small pieces.

Filling; 6 apples peeled, thinly sliced, 3 tbsp packed brown sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 2tsp lemon juice.

Cake; 1 box Betty Crocker super moist yellow cake mix, 1 1/3 cups water, 1/3 cup oil, 3 eggs.

In a small bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar and salt.

Add butter, and rub together until it resembles a crumble. Set aside.

Toss the apples with brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.

Make the cake batter according to the directions on the package.

Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Spread the apples over the batter.

Spread the crumble over the apples.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar and cut into squares.

Apple pie cake 10