Valued Contributor

Kitchaid Commercial 7 quart mixer

I was wondering if anyone had experience with this mixer.  I currently have a 5 quart pro that is 30 years old and mentioned I was going to look for a 6qt when I wanted to do double batches of cookies.  My daughter in law found me a used 7qt commercial mixer, like new for $100!  It works fine but I was looking at the smaller bowls you can use on them and was wondering if anyone has done so.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kitchaid Commercial 7 quart mixer

I would treasure that 30 year old mixer.  I doubt that ANY of today's KA mixers will come close in quality and reliability.

Valued Contributor

The 30 year old mixer I have now replaced the one I had inherited from my mil that was at least that old until it stopped working in the 80's.

Respected Contributor

I have the 7 qt which I love for double batches of bread dough and cookies. I was not aware that smaller bowls were available for this mixer but I do see a 3 qt bowl available at webrestaurantstore.com which it says is for the 6 qt KA. Maybe it will fit the 7 qt also.  Now I want one!

Frequent Contributor

I had a 6 qt pro which died after about a year...replaced with another which lasted about the same amount of time...contacted cs and they were of no help at all...said I wasn't making my bread correctly..both of these machines cost 500.00..never again will I purchase anything ?Kitchenaid...I now have another commercial mixer and have had it going on 4 years now...make the same bread in the same amounts all of the time and have never had a problem...my advise is look somewhere else other then Kitchenaid.

Valued Contributor

The number for the 5 quart bowl to fit the 7 qt is KSMC5Q.

Respected Contributor

omg kitty. 100 bucks for a kitchen aid mixer. now thats a steal. good luck and you can check there websight. good luck.