Respected Contributor

King Arthur Free Shipping Offer 01/19/22

Today I received an e-mail from King Arthur Baking.  The offer is for Free Shipping with a purchase amount of $80 or more. I have been wanting a kit they have with a popover mix and pan, so I ordered that.  Then I ordered some muffin mixes to reach the dollar amount for the shipping offer.  Clever on their part, but I do enjoy their products.

Respected Contributor

Re: King Arthur Free Shipping Offer 01/19/22

A lot of online vendors do this and I've taken advantage of it. The trick is to make sure (1) that you actually want/will use the items you're buying to get the free shipping and (2)  are you spending more to meet the threshold than the shipping costs. 

Respected Contributor

I get their emails all the time for free shipping. But I don't want to spend the required amount for the free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm peeved with them because they sent me old flour about a month ago.  It expires in June or July.  WAY older than what is in the stores. 

I have not been happy with them since their big change and logo changes and web changes.  I find the web site unfriendly and difficult to navigate now.  

I used to love them and order all the time.  Not so much now.  It seems not oriented toward bakers now, but "hype". 

Respected Contributor

I get annoyed with companies that advertise free shipping "with a minimum purchase"