Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: King Arthur AP Flour Recall

[ Edited ]

Go to kenyonsgristmill.com........I have been buying from them for 50 years and my mother and grandmother before me. Before there was mail order, we would drive there every month ........

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Nightowlz   I actually received a phone call yesterday from the Giant Eagle we shop at about this recall.  The robo guy KNEW we bought some and said so to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It was kind of creepy Robo Bob knew this.

In any event, I knew we had a 5lb bag that we had not opened yet. I took out to the dumpster immediately.

Thank you Robo Bob.

@PINKdogWOOD 

That is weird. Robo Calls for recalled flour?

I did receive an email from KA & from Wal-mart about my flour purchases.

I'm just wondering if all this flour is recalled from KA, Gold Medal & I don't know what other companies what's happening to all the products on the shelves that were made using this flour???

Honored Contributor

So many recalls.  I did get e-mail from Walmert too re: my flour purchases.  (mine are not recalled)

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz   Go one step further, I tossed out the full unopened bag of wheat KA. In the cupboard in the kitchen all of a sudden I saw the KA bag of white flour. Said to DH, holy cow honey we've been using this bag of white KA. I pulled it out and handed it to him to toss out. He looked at m e and said he'd just used it the day before for a pie shell. We'd been using this one - haven't gotten sick nor died yet LOL.

Well when I heard KA had been recalled I didn't really catch exactly which ones. Leaning on the side of caution, when in doubt toss it out. I did toss both bags.

And you're right though, what about other brands of flours? What do we buy now? Got to have something in the house when we need flour for whatever, I think we'll buy a smaller bag of some brand not sure what it will be though.