Honored Contributor

Key Lime Pie From Fresh Market

I went to Fresh Market today after work to pick up a tenderloin.   They were out, but will get more tomorrow.

We didn't have any "sweet" in the house, and I wanted to taste one of their key lime pies and compare it to Edward's

Fresh Market's pie was somewhat good and looked like restuarant pie.  The flavor goes to Edward's.  F M's was "fine enough".    I won't buy it again. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Key Lime Pie From Fresh Market

[ Edited ]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...how I love Key Lime pie!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I went to Fresh Market today after work to pick up a tenderloin.   They were out, but will get more tomorrow.

We didn't have any "sweet" in the house, and I wanted to taste one of their key lime pies and compare it to Edward's

Fresh Market's pie was somewhat good and looked like restuarant pie.  The flavor goes to Edward's.  F M's was "fine enough".    I won't buy it again. 

I'm not a fan of key lime pie but I am a fan of Kenny's Great Pies.  If you have access to a Kroger, they are sold there in their bakery deparment.  I've had many (too many) of Kenny's pies and they are absolutely excellent.  Even though I've never had the key lime, I'm certain it would taste great.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Good to know.  I like Edward's key lime too and good to hear the one you bought today wasn't any better.  Glad I don't have to rock the key lime pie boat lol.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Interesting post considering today - I was gifted this whole pie from Fresh Market. What was that fake taste? The bottled key lime juice? For me it was like a metallic taste! 😳 Can't tell the person because her feelings will be hurt. Made me gag. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee The pie I got was "good", but not the best ever!  

Since then, a friend whom is a native of Florida, says the key lime at Public's bakery area is the most authentic.  

Maybe some of our Fla gals will give us their input.

@Andreatoo 

@rockygems123 
 @ScrapHappy 

@SurferWife 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Thank you. I know everyone taste is different. Looking forward to more opinions. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

On my first visit to Florida I got to taste key lime pie for the first time.

I've never had one just like it again.

Though the best I've gotten close to it was a restaurant in MD that sadly is now closed down after many years.

There is just something so amazing about a true key lime pie and hard to duplicate.

I have tried Edwards once but it wasn't memorable after that Fl one anywaySmiley Happy 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay : The best key lime pie for me was while vacationing in Florida. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee -

Isn't it?!

I think I remember they told me they are made with real key limes.

There is just no replicating them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"