Esteemed Contributor

My descaler light came on my Keurig today.  I must have used up the solution 'cause can't find the bottle.

Any ideas as to what I can use to descale?  I just don't feel like running out to the store today!

Thanx.

Trusted Contributor

I believe white vinegar would work well in the Keurig.  It is an excellent cleaner!

Honored Contributor

I have a mini Keurig and periodically run a cycle or two of vinegar and water to descale.

Honored Contributor

I agree with above posters, white vinegar.

I put 2 cups white vinegar, run it through the brew cycle twice, then run it 3 times with clean water. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Half white vinegar and half water.

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme    I keep Keurig rinse pods on hand.  They look just like a K-cup pods.  They work great.  You run a reservoir of water thru on the rinse pod...and then a follow up reservoir without the pod.  I have used these for years.  
The vinegar solution is a good idea too if you don't have rinse pods. 

Esteemed Contributor

THANKS EVERYONE!  White vinegar it is!!!!  I always keep that on hand!

Valued Contributor

Like others, I do the vinegar method. Make sure you do 2-3 cycles with clean water. I made the mistake of only running 1 clean cycle, my first cup of coffee was less than pleasant! 

Respected Contributor

And after descaling I only use filtered water from my Zero pitcher in my Keurig. I find the need to descale is a lot less frequent.

Respected Contributor

Re: Keurig Question

[ Edited ]

You can find the descaler at Walmart, Target, Keurig and many other places.  I don't see what the problem is, other than you don't have the descaler right at this moment.  My light has been blinking for about 6 weeks, but I'm not going to do it right now.  The unit is newer and it has only been a little while since I purchased the unit.  My old one died and I bought a cheaper model at Sams Club so I would not be without.