Valued Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@Jasmine19 Are you sure it wasn't retractible ?

The one I sent back with the 9" cord was retractable. I don't know what they meant by 30" cord, but that seems pretty long to retract into a such a small appliance.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  I sure agree about the colors.  I just won't buy something that doesn't match my other items.  QVC really does go all out in providing a variety of colors.  I appreciate this.  Makes me happy to see everything matching.   (I don't know about the prices, but Target also sells Keurig.)

Respected Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

@Jasmine19 Are you sure it wasn't retractible ?

The one I sent back with the 9" cord was retractable. I don't know what they meant by 30" cord, but that seems pretty long to retract into a such a small appliance.

@Jasmine19  I looked at the 'manual' link on the item page & it stated :"Remove packing tape from brewer. Pull plug and extend cord from cord storage located at the back of the brewer. " The illustration looks as though it would be retractable , but I guess from your experience maybe not. I hope it is longer  than 6" or 9" !If it is that short my plans will not be going well.Smiley Sad I also noticed it says to not use distilled water ??? I use a Brita anyway but I wonder what that is all about ?

I am supposed to get mine today--fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

@Jasmine19 .The cord retracts without an issue. My mini-keurig has a cord like that, that is what was a good point of the purchase. No problem with it retracting. 

Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay I don't think distilled is the same as filtered water. But use your brita filtered water to be safe from polluted water.I never would use tap water .

Honored Contributor

We've only used the mini! I can't stomach the thought of old yucky water making me coffee!! I love the idea of using fresh water for every cup brewed. Plus I have great artesian well water...mmmmm!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I recieved my Keurig mini . I was about to give up on delivery at 9 pm then I heard the big brown truck roll up .

I didn't try it until this am-- my second cup. I followed all of the instructions as to washing ,brewing the first cup of plain water etc. It went through all of the lights coming on but the water didn't dispense. I called cs (tried to mind my manners as I know these people just are doing thier job ) .  The agent walked me through trouble shooting (unplugging --standard with electric items it seems) pushing this /holding that -- I always expect to be told to do a sommersault then a yoga pose Smiley Happy after listening for awhileSmiley Happy But it did finally work correctly . So far I am satisfied --we will see what tommorrow brings. It does make a much hotter cup than other single serves I have had.

Also as to the cord on mine it is 24" after  DH dug it out. It is very difficult to pull out. I do not think I could have had the strength . It involved using a spotlight to see in the storage of it . I think it was tangled.

I much prefer to take something out of the packaging and starting to use it , but I guess what doesn't kill us makes us stronger .

Super Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I recieved my Keurig mini . I was about to give up on delivery at 9 pm then I heard the big brown truck roll up .

I didn't try it until this am-- my second cup. I followed all of the instructions as to washing ,brewing the first cup of plain water etc. It went through all of the lights coming on but the water didn't dispense. I called cs (tried to mind my manners as I know these people just are doing thier job ) .  The agent walked me through trouble shooting (unplugging --standard with electric items it seems) pushing this /holding that -- I always expect to be told to do a sommersault then a yoga pose Smiley Happy after listening for awhileSmiley Happy But it did finally work correctly . So far I am satisfied --we will see what tommorrow brings. It does make a much hotter cup than other single serves I have had.

Also as to the cord on mine it is 24" after  DH dug it out. It is very difficult to pull out. I do not think I could have had the strength . It involved using a spotlight to see in the storage of it . I think it was tangled.

I much prefer to take something out of the packaging and starting to use it , but I guess what doesn't kill us makes us stronger .

I ordered one and I am hoping I won't have any trouble with the plug, I am pretty weak lol

Trusted Contributor

I got my pretty dusty rose one yesterday. Working great, no issues. Very happy. Hope it stays working well.

Super Contributor

Got mine today, works great, coffee is delicious