Valued Contributor

i received the Keurig 2.0 yesterday. After making a cup, should the window on top say, Lift To Begin? I have unplugged it because I wasn't sure. If the lid is closed, it keeps preheating. Know this is a silly question, but how does it turn off? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

The Keurig was designed to stay on all the time, but I think most people (myself included) do turn them off unless they afe making a lot of coffee throughout the day.

On your screen, there should be a circular icon in the lower right.  Just tap it, and that will turn it off (this is the same thing you press to turn the machine on).

You may wish to go into the settings, and turn on the energy saver.  Thiswill turn the machine off automatically after a predetermined period of sitting idle.  for instance, we have our machine set to turn off after two hours.  This gets us through the morning until we generally stop making coffee for the day.

Honored Contributor

@AngelLove2I'm happy to see there's a simple answer for you.  I don't have the 2, but I know your question was not at all silly.  Why waste the electricity and/or risk a fire?

Enjoy your machine.  I have minis in my condo and my apartment.  Love the convenience and I turn mine off every time I use them.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info. I will unplug it after the final cup.

Honored Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I will unplug it after the final cup.

you don't need to unplug it, just tap the power button on the bottom right and it will turn off. 

I have mine set to turn off after 2 hours. 

Honored Contributor

We have the K450 and it's neat in that you can program it to come on before you need it and turn off at the end of the day. I set it up to come on at 5:30 am and go off at 8:00 pm. It's a pretty neat little device.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

For me at least, on my K250, it's definitely more than a tap, it's a press firmly for a second or two. A simple tap has never turned mine off - I think because Keurig wants you to leave it on ;-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all