Honored Contributor

Keep the pie, just give me the berries!

Probably it's one of those "just me" things, but I would rather have the berries than the pie.  I'd rather have most fruit as is rather than made into something.

Once in a great while pie or cobbler or such is ok, but most often I'd take just the fruit!  Now raspberries and just a dab of good vanilla ice cream I love--but most often I'll just eat the berries or put them on cereal.

What is your favorite berry dessert?  And what berries do you like best?  Blackberries are a little too seedy for me, but I do like them--just don't eat them often.

Honored Contributor

Re: Keep the pie, just give me the berries!

I'd rather have the pie depending on the fruit.  Raspberries get mushy so fast and I'm not a fan of fresh blueberries either, so those I want cooked into something.  Huge fan of cherry pie/cobbler and blackberry cobbler.  Can't get fresh or frozen tart cherries here. I do eat fresh blackberries on a regular basis. I prefer pies over cakes with the exception of Red Velvet cake and maybe a coconut cake (but it's gotta be a really moist one).  

Honored Contributor

Im not a pie crust fan.  There is a lot of times I dont eat the crust, sometimes just the bottom crust.  I never eat the ridge crust.  If it has a top crust, sometimes and sometimes not.

Red raspberries are my favorite.  Although I dont like the seeds but I tolerate them.  I like all the berries.

I prefer cobblers.  I like pouring milk over a cobbler and I like the cobbler "crust".

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I love berries in all forms, but prefer blueberry pie.  I like cobblers too, but prefer the pie.

I don't like cold cereal, except for corn flakes with bananas and sugar.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie I just had a big bowl of raspberries before they go bad with some ice cream and I had more berries than ice cream--made me think about this!  I do love raspberries!  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Blackberries are my favorite berry with blueberries a close second.  Not a fan of raspberries or strawberries.  

I don't care for pie either because I don't like the crust, but I do like a good cobbler!

Respected Contributor

I too would rather have fresh berries than a pie. A bowl of mixed fresh fruit is refreshing in hot weather. I do like apple pie in winter.

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

I too would rather have fresh berries than a pie. A bowl of mixed fresh fruit is refreshing in hot weather. I do like apple pie in winter.

@Iwantcoffee I agree with you on apple pie. In the winter I  try my best to eat an apple a day.  

Respected Contributor

Interesting how we're all different as I love pie AND the crust.  Cherry and lemon are my faves, but also like apple and peach.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I love berries in all forms, but prefer blueberry pie.  I like cobblers too, but prefer the pie.

I don't like cold cereal, except for corn flakes with bananas and sugar.

@ECBG : 512CEF79-C3B2-4061-9CEE-69736C03BDCB.jpeg

DH request for Father's Day. He traveled today with a friend today to Ft. Valley Ga to purchase peaches:672DCFB2-FDE2-4AA9-A6E1-E9DE8787C3BF.jpeg