Regular Contributor
Please...get the message. We want Grass Fed Beef..not fed by GMO corn fed. You do have some smart people out here!!
Super Contributor

You stand a better chance of getting grass finished beef at most Costco and some BJ's locations. Also ask at your local farmer's markets - they usually have or know people who deal in grass finished beef. Grass finished is NOT the same as grass fed. 'Grass fed' beef is finished on grain, and isn't much different than beef that's been completely grain fed.

You will usually find that locals who have grass fed and finished beef also raise Berkshire and Duroc hogs that are grain fed on non GMO grains or fed an acorn mash. Poultry will be fed on non-GMO corn.

Places like Kansas City also chemically tenderize lot of their beef.

Super Contributor

Hear, hear! KC beef runs, what, $12 a pound or more? And it's not free range, organic or grass-fed and -finished. I had some KC steaks once, and they were delish, but at half again the price of good beef locally, I can't say they were half again as good.

Esteemed Contributor

It amazes me that KC Steaks brags on the "corn fed" beef. Cattle are ruminants and wouldn't naturally eat corn or corn by-products (how could they even if they were to graze on a range?). They are confined and force-fed. One wonders if they even "chew their cud", anymore.

Cogito ergo sum