Frequent Contributor

KITCHENAID 3.5-CUP ONE-TOUCH 2-SPEED CHOPPER WITH EXTRA BOWL

I was asked to post this here. I purchased this chopper and it arrieved in a plain brown cardboard box...no KitchenAid symbols on box at all. It worked two times and on the third time, it quit. I tried everything I could think of without success to get it to work.  I went to read the reviews, which I should have done in the first place, and found that I am not alone. A lot of reviews saying it quit after two times or didn't work at all. I wondered if this was not a real KitchenAid since it was shipped like it was. Just be careful and read the reviews. It did work for some people. 

Contributor

Re: KITCHENAID 3.5-CUP ONE-TOUCH 2-SPEED CHOPPER WITH EXTRA BOWL

I had the same problem until I figured out that getting the top part on can be tricky.  I thought that I had it lined up and locked in, but I did not, so when I pushed the lever nothing happened.  Try twisting the top part on again.  Sometimes I still have to put the top on a few times to get it right, but it gets easier the more you use it.

Respected Contributor

I also received the chopper in a plain brown box which I was a little surprised by. I never got the chance to use my chopper because I couldn't get the top of either cups! I tried everything but they just wouldn't budge. So, I had to return it. I read a lot of reviews and found several people had the same experience. 

Respected Contributor

@Jayn804 wrote:

I had the same problem until I figured out that getting the top part on can be tricky.  I thought that I had it lined up and locked in, but I did not, so when I pushed the lever nothing happened.  Try twisting the top part on again.  Sometimes I still have to put the top on a few times to get it right, but it gets easier the more you use it.

I don't remember how it came , but thought I got a dud, just kept playing with it and now use it all the time. I had another brand for years and it was the same way, if you don't get the things lined up they won 't work. I'ts a saftey issue. I love mine and know if it doesn't click in it's not going to work.