Contributor

KITCHEN SHOWS LATELY ALMOST ALL FOOD1

I know that shipping has become a big issue, but how come most of the kitchen shows are all about food you can buy?  We sit here and gasp and most of the prices - start dividing up the cost by number servings and you'd better have a BIG bank account! Sometimes I;m tempted, but then I consider the problem of hating the product. Once I gave in to a a meat product (that's all I'll say) and when I cooked it it was way more than tender - it was mushy and tasteless so that was the end of that.  I prefer to look at new kitchen items - I can get a good cake in lot's of places or make one myself.

Respected Contributor

Re: KITCHEN SHOWS LATELY ALMOST ALL FOOD1

There's nothing to sell and nothing coming in from China.  If it is shipped out of China, then it's either on the boat, sitting at the docks in containers, waiting for customs, waiting for transportation to move it and then waiting for a truck to deliver it to a customer's dock.

It's tough out there.  There are plenty who don't want to work so we need to tough it out until policy changes are made.

Honored Contributor

@JerseyJ wrote:

I know that shipping has become a big issue, but how come most of the kitchen shows are all about food you can buy?  We sit here and gasp and most of the prices - start dividing up the cost by number servings and you'd better have a BIG bank account! Sometimes I;m tempted, but then I consider the problem of hating the product. Once I gave in to a a meat product (that's all I'll say) and when I cooked it it was way more than tender - it was mushy and tasteless so that was the end of that.  I prefer to look at new kitchen items - I can get a good cake in lot's of places or make one myself.

@JerseyJ  If you are not happy with the food, call them and they will refund your money. Throw the food away as you can't return it.

Esteemed Contributor

on one channel and David was on selling food. I changed the channel and David was on the other QVC channel selling food . It's non stop

Honored Contributor

People are interested in buying prepared foods, have the money to pay for it and there's a huge profit to be made.  There's a lot of money in this country. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If you look at QVC press releases, you will note food has been selling very well.

High sales volume is the reason we see gourmet food so frequently.  

I suppose it depends on who we talk to about customer satisfaction.  I highly recommend QVC's bakery products.  All at least 5 stars, some 10.  

Trusted Contributor

QVC makes a lot of money off food shows.  They don't have to keep anything in the QVC warehouse.  It's shipped directly from the vendor.  There is nothing to ship back to QVC if you don't like it since they give you an immediate refund and tell you to dispose of it yourself.   That comes out of the vendors profits, not QVC. 

Respected Contributor

It's been mostly holiday food. To prep for the holidays. Making sure to reserve etc. For those who can afford it and want it. I'm not a buyer but I don't mind vwatching

Respected Contributor

I don't know about anyone else, but when I went on a cleaning purge I filled bags of kitchen pots, pans, cups, travel mugs, travel mugs and more travel mugs, baking/loaf pans, small gadgets, cutlery, towels and even appliances that all found their way into St. Vincent De Paul's donation bins.

I realized I repeatedly used the same old standby products I had been using for probably the past twenty - thirty years with few exceptions. How many kitchen gadgets and small appliances can one kitchen hold or need?

I'd much rather watch the food presentations for items not available in my area. Some items I don't give a second look. Others items I break down the price per serving I decide if I think it's worth it. Sometimes it's nice to have a treat readily available to pull out of the freezer for dinner.

Esteemed Contributor

This has been QVC's approach for the last couple of Julys—lots of holiday food shows that allow pre-orders for the festivities in the fall and at the end of the year with a few items also available for immediate shipment. We buy some of the specialty items each year and have had really good luck, enjoying almost everything. (Now there are even some perennial favorites that we "have to" order, so I guess the overselling works!)

As we exit July, we'll only have about a month before all the gift shows start, so I'll take a bunch of food shows while I can before I have to start hearing about my gift closet and all the people I'm "forgetting" on my lists every five minutes...  Smiley Wink