Honored Contributor

Re: KITCHEN GARBAGE DISPOSAL - DO YOU USE IT?

I don't have one. See no need.

Respected Contributor

When we remodeled our kitchen years ago, we never put back in the disposal. It isn’t needed and you shouldn’t be throwing garbage down your sink anyway imo. It should be either composted or put in the trash.
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

We often use lemon rinds too!  Smells fresh!

Honored Contributor

No. Got rid of it years ago.

Honored Contributor

Just finished the dishes for tonight!  We had pasta.  After the scraps went down the disposal I put a squeezed big lemon half in and it smelled so good.  

I was just thinking how much I appreciate having that quick and easy to get rid of scraps--they are gone, not smelling up anything, wiped the countertops off and little bits are gone and it's all clean and done.

We have about a half load of dishes for a quick wash, and tomorrow morning they are dry and clean and get put up again.  I love how clean things are out of the dishwasher!

Valued Contributor

It's funny...

I don't use our Dishwasher (it's easier for me to wash our dishes by hand) - It's just the two of us, so there's only 2 plates, 2 forks, 2 glasses...

I can easily knock them out in a few minutes.

I've been told that I should just let them sit, until I accumulate enough for a load, but I can't stand to think of dirty dishes sitting in the dishwasher for several days - Ewwww!

Ok, sorry, I digress...

YES, I use our Garbage Disposal a couple of times a day - I'm in the "Can't Stand Stinky Trash" group (LOL).

Esteemed Contributor

No, never used it and had it removed.

Honored Contributor

We had one in one of our former homes, and used it.  We've been in this home over 30 yrs. and have never had one. I don't miss it. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I use mine just about everyday.  I find that I only need a few seconds at a time.  As others have mentioned it keeps the garbage from stinking.

Honored Contributor

No.