Valued Contributor

KITCHEN AID TSV CONVECTION OVEN

The first oven I ordered and sent to my dtr. was lost - there was no address label on the box.  Called QVC and they had not been notified by UPS but they did sent out a replacement oven.  The oven door on this black oven was not aligned.  The right top side of the door was much lower than the left and the silver frame behind the door was showing.  I called KA cust. service and they were very helpful.  They are sending out a replacement oven.  KA said the QVC ovens were a special order and not in colors (except contour silver) that KA sells on their website.  They have had a lot of complaints about these QVC oven doors and were very apologetic.  The new oven will have a return label back to KA via FedEx. KA and QVC quality control needs to improve.  I was very leary of having QVC send out a replacement because of this problem.  I'm hoping I have a better chance of getting a good oven direct from KA.  They are sending a msg to the warehouse to double check the oven they are sending out for any issue.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  BTW KA said all their convection counter top ovens are made in China - not the USA!  I thought all KA was made in the US.  Maybe when Whirlpool bought KA, that changed.  Posted this just FYI.

Honored Contributor

Re: KITCHEN AID TSV CONVECTION OVEN

Sorry you had all that trouble and glad KA made good on it.  I guess what some have posted before is correct, that items for QVC (and QVC TSV.s) are made for QVC specifically and perhaps not always the same quality as if purchased elsewhere.  I know some have said the KA stand mixers are not the same quality as years ago.  Mine is older and still works great.  I guess that is the same with everything now though--quality has gone down. 

Contributor

I ordered this oven in contour silver and the door on mine was misaligned as well.  There was a gap on one side that let out the heat.  I don't think its just a QVC problem as I read reviews on another retailer's site and folks had the same complaints about the oven doors.  I sent mine back and decided against a replacement.  Its ashame, because otherwise, it seemed like a nice oven and just what I was looking for.

Honored Contributor

Geez---I am so glad I chose to buy the Breville oven instead of KA, which I was seriouly thinking about. Have heard nothing but bad things about KA. Hope everyone gets their issues straightened out. Just another reason I have not ordered much from any online shopping channel. AMZ is my go to.

Honored Contributor

I did buy the KA oven and so far so good.

But I was leery about buying it on a day when QVC sold 60,000 units.

You know not every single one of them is going to be perfect.

I would love to know their acceptable return tolerance.

1%, 10%?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I've used my oven for about 3 weeks now.  Got it a little later since it was on waitlist for the silver.......  anyway,  less than a month of daily use, and the bottom knob does not click anymore.   I can turn it, but whatever setting I put it on, light, medium, or dark, there it stays until I manually turn it off.   what a pain.  Good thing I kept the big box it came in. Now I have to send it back due to a defective knob....REALLY wanted to use this for our big thanksgiving meal prep.....such a bummer that it had to flake out now.   anyone else have this problem, or only me?