Honored Contributor

I just learned that Kava Coffee is discontinued ... none in the warehouse, none in Big Lots, still looking.

This is the only coffee that doesn't give me heartburn ... it's low acid and very mild.  I've been ordering it from the company for years on a subscription, so I definiteely didn't see it coming.

If you like this coffee, scout your local stores for any remaining jars.  The greedy are selling it on Ebay and Amazon ... the most expensive I've seen is $84 for one 4 ounce jar on Ebay!    The "cheapest" I've seen was on Amazon for 6 jars for $99 ... or about $16.67 per jar.

If you see a better price somewhere .... will you post the source?

TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: KAVA COFFEE DISCONTINUED

@Tinkrbl44  Of course! 

If you have one can you post a picture so I know what I'm looking for?

I wonder if some of it will end up at TJMaxx or Home Goods.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 It's bad enough when favorite products are discontinued, but people who snatch up remaining, regular-priced inventory, to sell at outrageous prices are the pits!

I've heard of Kava, but don't recall seeing it around. There are a number of low-acid brands, some well-rated, on Amazon; you might want to peruse the offerings and check the reviews.

As @CAcableGirl2 said, Kava may ultimately show up at other stores. We like Boston's Best coffee and, after Walmart stopped carrying it, it showed up at Big Lots, then Christmas Tree Shops!

But, still, keep looking for a replacement. Good luck!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

13 SIMPLE WAYS TO MAKE COFFEE LESS ACIDIC (ACCORDING TO THE EXPERTS)

https://hotcoffeeworld.com/make-coffee-less-acidic/

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Thank you so much for the link to the acid reducing tips!  I think these will help me.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  There is something called Coffee Tamer...it's an acid reducer for coffee.  It doesn't change the taste at all.  Sharing in case it helps you.  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 , have you tried making cold brew coffee? Cold brewing the coffee makes it less acidic and I've found that I have few issues when I drink cold brew coffee.

You can use any coffee you'd like and there are many ways to make cold brew with a wide range of budgets.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I just learned that Kava Coffee is discontinued ... none in the warehouse, none in Big Lots, still looking.

This is the only coffee that doesn't give me heartburn ... it's low acid and very mild.  I've been ordering it from the company for years on a subscription, so I definiteely didn't see it coming.

If you like this coffee, scout your local stores for any remaining jars.  The greedy are selling it on Ebay and Amazon ... the most expensive I've seen is $84 for one 4 ounce jar on Ebay!    The "cheapest" I've seen was on Amazon for 6 jars for $99 ... or about $16.67 per jar.

If you see a better price somewhere .... will you post the source?

TIA!

I don't know where you live, but I was at the grocery store this morning (Jewel, owned by Albertsons) and they had quite a few jars, marked down to $4.98 from $5.98. 

This is in NW suburbs of Chicago.

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence 

I'm in Los Angeles, and did find some reasonably priced jars online ... finally.

HELP!!!!!! Which store??? I live in Chicago too, but all of the stores that I usually buy it at are no longer carrying it. I cannot belive the prices on Amazon and Ebay. This is truly the only coffee that I can drink - I went to order more today and it was "out of stock" and then I searched and found this link!!! If you have recently still found it at your store, please please share which store. If someone in another state also finds it, please share - maybe I can buy directly from the store. I have been drinking this for decades.