Honored Contributor

Re: KA TSV --- Oh I hope I didn't make BIG mistake☹️☹️☹️☹️

@Fiero Womanwrote:

@Icegoddess  mine also leaked oil and my husband found a screw that has come loose.  That was 6 years ago, he is now passed, and I have never seen that problem  Sorry, I don't know what he did but it can be done at home.  KA can tell you what to do.

@Fiero Woman, that's ok, I just figured it wasn't meant to be left with the head up.  I haven't had any problem with a leak since I started leaving the head down.  But thanks, I'll check and see if I can find a loose screw just in case.

Regular Contributor

I ordered this tsv. This is my first stand mixer and I gotta say I love it. Mine is very heavy and the beaters that came with it are metal coated in silicone.

Since getting it I have made chocolate chip cookies, mashed potatoes, dough for dumplings and the real test was bread dough. It passed the test and the glass bowl was firmly locked in place when using. 

Honored Contributor

Re: KA TSV --- Oh I hope I didn't make BIG mistake☹️☹️☹️☹️ (UPDATE)

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:

OK so I just tried it today -- ugh!!!  I placed the glass bowl in the center ring and thought it was "locked" ... nope, the bowl was wobbling all over and banging up against the mixer.

Step 1 after frustration set in ... take bowl off -- then realized there must be a RING or something (gasket) to fit around bowl.  Yup, there it was in the bottom of the box!!!  

Once I got this screwed on and attached - Step 2 - reading directions and figuring out how to "LOCK" the bowl in place...

Now, after I did all this -- bowl still wobbled and moved!!!  Need less to say total frustration....so I called my friend who had ordered this mixer ... oh the senior moments:  "I didn't LOCK it into place!"  

Finally, did a double batch of choc chip cookies for a community bakesale -- dough was mixed great and just as nice as my other mixer.

Guess its hard to teach a "OLD dog new Tricks" in my case -- I do like this machine!  

Then today, got a $25 gift ecard from Q from purchasing the mixer on a q card..that was a nice surprise!!

Oh and I was surprised how thick and sturdy the bowl is!!!

Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1

Your post makes me glad I didn’t order one.  I’ve been thinking about getting another to have more power than my 4.5 qt tilthead. (Purchased in 1987)  It still works great though so. . . 

The GE handmixer my parents gave me when I got married still works too!  (Got married in 1971!)  I rarely use it though, my shoulder hurts holding my arm up very long. 

Honored Contributor

@trenet

I gave the KA Artisan stand mixer to both my DILs and niece for bridal shower.  

These mixers are used by all of them and they love them.  This is why I figured I would downsize.  

I don't think as with my other KA pro this will be my kitchen "workhorse" I have entered a different phase of life (in baking dept) and I will use it.  I love my KA hand mixer it's over 10 years old and does a great job!

I know I only make frostings from scratch & meriniques this stand mixer will definitely be used for these applications.

And this time I got buttercup vs white and it looks nice on the counter...it actually fits!!!