Respected Contributor

KA Pasta Roller doesn't fit my KA Mixer !!!!

I got a KA Pasta Roller kit for my KA mixer. So, I wanted to use it yesterday. I took off the attachment hub cover and tried to fit the pasta attachment on. The pin on the attachment housing didn't properly fit into the notch on the hub rim. The attachment doesn't fit flush with the machine, there is a space that shouldn't be, the pin is too big for the opening.

Respected Contributor

Re: KA Pasta Roller doesn't fit my KA Mixer !!!!

I would contact the folks you bought it from, and see if you can exchange it. I've never had a problem with the attachments that screw in and I've been using a KA stand mixer for almost 40 yrs.

Honored Contributor

If it's a KA-brand (and not a knockoff or a fake) it will fit. Some attachments come with extra parts so that they can work with the differnt models (like the ice cream attachment).

I have both pasta attachments (the stainless steel one and the resin/plastic one). They both work with my 300w tilt head and my 600 professional bowl lift models.

I would call KA customer service and see what they say.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

It's a KA mixer I got from QVC, I'm going to call KA tomorrow and see what they say. Even the cutter attachments don't fit flush to the machine. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

My mixer is the KA Deluxe Edition 5Qt, 325 Watt, 10 speed Tilt Head Stand Mixer.

I do have the food grinder attachment, and it fits fine!!! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Don't waste time calling the normal KA 'support' number. The bodies at the support center are all scripted; the info you get is what they get from their computer screen.

Best thing to do would be to call the KA Experience Store up in Greenville, Ohio. Phone: (888) 886-8318. Open Monday through Saturday 9AM to 6PM. They have more knowledge about any of the KA small appliances than ANYONE else.

At the experience store, they have a literal 'museum' downstairs with one of everything KA has ever made since the early 20th century. The store carries ALL of the attachments. They work with the attachments all day long giving demos and the like.

If you have a question about any attachment and if it works with YOUR machine, you give them the info on yours. They take the attachment and fit it on a machine just like yours. Generally, they do this while on the phone with you, but sometimes if they're busy, they may call you back.

Except for bowls, beaters, and ice baths, KA attachments fit machines from the earliest to the current ones.

Honored Contributor

I'm with deadeye daisy - my KA is about 60 years old and I can buy attachments new today that will fit it perfectly. They never change the shape or size of that attachment head .
Honored Contributor

I'm with deadeye daisy - my KA is about 60 years old and I can buy attachments new today that will fit it perfectly. They never change the shape or size of that attachment head .
Respected Contributor

Thanks Deadeye Daisy, I plan to call in the morning. Thanks for the phone number. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Where did you buy the attachments? Are they legit KA brand attachments?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I got them at Lowes. They are legit!!