Esteemed Contributor

My new mixer came today instead of tomorrow!

The matte avocado cream is a nice, subdued neutal green color with a tinge of gray. It looks nice on the counter - my kitchen is brown and green - so it blends well.

The mixer came with, I assume,  an upgraded bowl - nothing fancy, but it has a handle on it.  (The booklet states bowl type may vary.)  But, and why I'm posting, is that it did not come with the flat beater as supposed to be included; it came with the flex-edge beater.  I assume they ran out of the flat and include the flex.  

I know many like the flex for baking.  But, will the flex work as well for other things, i.e., mashing potatoes, etc.?  This might be a dumb question, but I've never used a flex.

Anyways, love the size, color - wish they would have given same recipes in the instruction booklet though.  Looks like I'll have to hit Treasures - a store I donate to and see if I can find a KA book just to get me going.Woman Embarassed

Thanks for any recommendations!

Honored Contributor

Re: KA MINI STAND MIXER UPDATE

Can you find a KA recipe book online?  It probably would be a lot of pages to print though.  I never use the recipe book that came with my KA years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Can you find a KA recipe book online?  It probably would be a lot of pages to print though.  I never use the recipe book that came with my KA years ago.

The "instructions" say to go onlin and they've got a video.  It's been a long time, so just looking for something to get me going, e.g., what speed to do mashed potatoes (I'm into mashed potatoes today!Woman LOL)

Thanks for your suggestion, @Daysdee !

Respected Contributor

I use the flex edge beater all the time instead of the flat beater.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer to always use the Kitchen Aid flex edge beater as it works fast, and thoroughly blends and mixes all types of foods. I bought that as a separate purchase.

My Kitchen Aid stand mixer was a gift and I received it in the early 80's.

It always works, makes great bread, meatloaf, cake, mashed potatoes,, and al otherl types of foods. Does mixing and blending thoroughly and makes great pastry cream too.

I have never had a problem since I received it, and of course it is comprised of  an all metal finish, and my 2 stainless steel KA mixing bowls were included (2nd smaller one was a free bonus).

I use it at least 4 times weekly since I received it, and with great results.

I hope they are still making them of such exceptional quality when sold in today's 2019 market.

Honored Contributor

Why I quit ordering mixers from Q. Shoddy service. 

Respected Contributor

You can get the KA Mini Stand Mixer manual online.

https://www.kitchenaid.com/content/dam/global/documents/201705/UseandCareGuide-9709785-RevE.pdf

I hope that is right.  I just went to the KA site and went to the mini stand mixer and scrolled to select the specs and manuals tab, then scrolled past the specs and clicked on the + to display the manuals.  I clicked the download link.  If you want to print, just print the pages you want.  Don't print the whole thing as we hardly need the whole thing, especially if you already know how to plug it in, change the beaters, turn it on, etc....Manufacturers have started doing this to cut down on paper usage and be more environmentally friendly.  It also reduces cost since printing and binding those things can be expensive, just try to get something printed in color (or even black and white) at Staples and bound.  I get their cost is more, but even DIY it is expensive.  E-Books all the way folks.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

shoot , ink cartridges they're not giving away. They should just include booklet in what U buy. I don't mind paying for it when you purchase something you don't want to get somethig home and go "huh? then

have to go searching online and use your own expensive printer ink and paper.

Respected Contributor

goldenlocks first thing is good luck with your new awesome ka mixer. flex edge beater should do everything the regular flat beat mashed potatoes it will keep bowl wiped like it does for cake batter. we never use the flat beater we use flex edge for everything but i would call and check. if you should have gotten beater included then they owe it to you.  you can even call kitchen aid directly. there customer service is excellent. they fix most problems even if they have to replace an item 

Respected Contributor

If customer service is excellent, then ask for a manual to be mailed out. I do believe this is a generational difference in customers. I'd rather have a digital copy I can access anywhere versus paper manuals floating around my house I have to store. I'm sure there are plenty that feel the opposite. To each his own.