Valued Contributor

Re: KA - Is the lift bowl mixer superior to the tilt head design?

@c_la_vee wrote:

@HLPI know what you mean with the bowl and the screws!!

I struggled with it too, impossible to get the bowl to line up with the screws but then FINALLY figured out that there is a trick to it or a way to do it that is easy but, because I hardly use the machine at all, I have forgotten what it is but believe me it's not as hard as that if you figure it out, just play with it before you give it away.

They really should take the time to show that on TV, how to put the bowl on, instead they go right in to the recipes and talk about the beaters.

I just clicked on the manual link on the TSV page and it shows how to put on the bowl, you have to push it back on the little spring latch, see step 2 in the instruction manual.

I think that was the trick, once you know it , it's easy.

First push bowl back then bowl and pins will line up, Smiley Happy

There is a little trick to lining up and attaching the bowl....  fit it on both pegs on the sides first ,and then using a little bit of force, push on the back of the bowl to snap it into place ....nice and secure.....

you then lift it off in the opposite direction (off from the pins first, then the back).... easy once you get the hang of it....

Don't try to put the back of the bowl in first and then the pegs....it will eventually work, but will be much more frustrating..  Good Luck!