Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking ot getting the upcoming KA TSV.  This mixer comes with a food grinder attachment.  Maybe I should hold out for the next KA mixer TSV as they have them often?

Wondering how useful this attachment would be.  So, coming to the experts.  Do any of you know of any uses, aside than majing hamberg, for this attachment? Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@eddyandmeI made chopped liver -  once.  More work than it was worth for the amount of it I thought I should eat  (cholesteral city) so for me that attachment isn't very useful.   

But in my past I might have used it more -  for the liver, for ham salad, and for a mixture my mother used to make grinding leftover stew beef or pot roast plus onion -  she spread that mixture onto a Bisquik rectangle which she rolled to make pinwheels.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops, the pinwheels sounds delish - good meal stretcher!  I'll pass on the liver though!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

We use our mixer and food grinder often to make hamburger.  I don't eat that stuff that comes out of those big meat plants.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We use our mixer and food grinder often to make hamburger.  I don't eat that stuff that comes out of those big meat plants.  

Good point, @Sooner.  I pay $6/lb and don't know what cuts are in it; and, Hate to but sausage 'cause never know what's in it.

Respected Contributor

We have had our food grinder for many years. We grind a mixture of meats for hamburgers. Along with ham steaks for ham salad as was mentioned.  We also use it for grinding suet and apples for mincemeat tarts for the holidays and just the suet when I make it mixed with nuts and dried fruits for feeding the birds. Herbs and celery, etc. for when we make stuffing at Thanksgiving. My husband makes his own hot, sweet, garlic, and fennel sausages. We also have the sausage maker attachment. That worked very well also. But my husband now has a larger stand alone sausage maker. Big boys and their bigger toys!  So we use the grinder attachment frequently but not every week. It is an attachment I would not want to do without.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I'm thinking ot getting the upcoming KA TSV.  This mixer comes with a food grinder attachment.  Maybe I should hold out for the next KA mixer TSV as they have them often?

Wondering how useful this attachment would be.  So, coming to the experts.  Do any of you know of any uses, aside than majing hamberg, for this attachment? Woman Frustrated

@eddyandme   Personally, I would never use that attachment.  If you really just want the mixer, you could probably hold out for a better deal, but this deal doesn't seem bad to me.

Valued Contributor

I use mine several times a year.Ham salad, pimento cheese spread,  and hamburger are the things I use it for mostly.. I am a canner so when I make pickle relishes my grinder really gets a work out. However, I only make relish every other year.