Honored Contributor

KA Countertop Convection Oven

If you are considering this purchase, save your money.    Mine died after about a year.   I live alone, don't cook much but I did find a reason to use it almost every day.

Something else I didn't like about it was the upper element is high power

• The upper cooking elements use higher power for better browning performance. The lower cooking elements are on but may not visibly glow like the upper cooking elements. This is normal and your Compact Oven is working properly. 

It did more than brown my food and baked items.

I often had to lay a piece of foil loosely on top of my food to keep it from burning

I've never used a convection oven prior to this, maybe that's common.

There are some great features, which is why I purchased it.    But for these reasons, I would not recommend it.    Read the reviews carefully.   It's rated at 3.3 out of 5

Honored Contributor

Re: KA Countertop Convection Oven

My KA Countertop Convection Oven is 3 years old and still going strong, hope I don't jinx it by bragging about it.lol

Trusted Contributor

i have had mine for about 10 months and i love it. iuse it all the time.  i bake potatoes in it and such.ifind that putting things on the bottom rack will help keep them from over browning.

Trusted Contributor

costco had a cusinart one on coupon forthe same price and i wish i had gotten it to have when mine burns out.  in the summer time, i use it a ton.  that way i don't have to heat the whole  house with the big oven.

Trusted Contributor

I've had one for about 2 years. 

It resides in the basement, next to the WP pressure oven - I bring it up for holidays as an extra oven so I can bake rolls or keep things warm.

This year (christmas) I decided to use it to bake my scalloped potatoes.  Set the timer and went about finishing up cooking dinner.  Thought I was in good shape getting things done until I realized the timer works even if you dont plug the oven in.  Genius move on my part eh? 

I also really don't like how it makes toast.  Takes forever and one side at a time.  Really odd. 

Honored Contributor

I got mine back when it was a TSV, and have been using it since day 1 and love it!  My husband loves that he can do his toast all by himself, LOL!  Sorry you are disappointed, I have really enjoyed using mine!

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had 2 ... #1 lasted 1& 1/2 years & #2 about a year ... I really liked it that’s why I bought #2 BUT, I would never buy #3 .... I learned my lesson that they just don’t last!!!!

Trusted Contributor

thaaat's why i am getting the one from costco 

Respected Contributor

@softwareI have one . I bought it a couple of years ago . I had not had a toaster oven for a long time because the ones of yore were so messy after just a little use and impossible to clean . I have found this one an improvement over those . I do wish the non-stick items = the removeable bottom tray (for spills) and the pan were a better quality. I also have had to cover the tops of some items baking with foil to  keep from burning. 

A little while after I purchased the KA  Cooks Essentials offered a model that could have the top element turned off if you wished. It had all the other features included. Makes sense.

All in all I like my KA. I use the toaster part all of the time which suprised me. 

I understand the disappointment of having it stop working so close to a year.Woman Mad You might call thier cs # and voice your opinion .