Honored Contributor

Re: K64307 - Disappointed (Zacharian Carving Set)

I only disagree with the idea that you can never get a decent set of knives from a shopping channel.

We bought a set of Kuhn Rikon knives from QVC years ago.  We use them every day and they are still as sharp and as good as the day we got them.

We have a very expensive set of knives, purchased from a local cutlery store, and they stay in their butcher block.  Nowhere near as good.  My DH just had to have them.  Now they're a reminder of wasted money.  (At least with QVC, I could've returned them.)

I've also bought steak knives from Kohl's.  Again, excellent quality; in use every day.

There are no black and white rules and price isn't always the determining factor.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 - Your review has been posted.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  Bought a set of LamsonSharp knives decades ago.  They were made in the USA (Shelburne Falls, MA); don't know if they still are..  Still have them and love them.

Regular Contributor

Purchased a knife the Q carried many yrs ago-from Germany and had a guide on it. This knife is still going strong today. I also bought set from Meredith that is decent and also bought steak knives on Amazon that are exceptional. 

Respected Contributor

With Zakarian knives, you'll get what you pay for but I can verify that his knife block is wonderful.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use RADA knives. They do the job for me. They are made in the USA and reasonably priced.

Esteemed Contributor

I think a lot of these celebrities, no matter what they are selling, think that just because their name is on it, it will sell no matter how junky it is.  I stay away from them.