Honored Contributor

K51935 - Temptations Soup Set -

did anyone notice on the FL sets only the top part of the dish is painted? Certainly stands out with the blue, black and darker colors.

36DE3D1E-2A3E-4CC6-88D2-DA5BFF0720F9.jpeg

I own the original set from years ago and the design is on the whole plate.  Wonder if this was a "mistake"?  IMO I  think it looks terrible & that would drive me crazy like it was a "second".

Is this something new? Haven't bought or watched Q live in awhile.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: K51935 - Temptations Soup Set -

@homedecor1 - Some of the Floral Lace specialty pieces like this set and some platters, serving bowls, and such have been designed this way over the past couple of years, with more emphasis on the solid, saturated color and no brown edging. It doesn't bother me—and in fact, I much prefer it to having the main surface be the ivory background because this approach makes the color the focus and leaves less room for error in heavy or light stamping of the flowers.

Trusted Contributor

I did notice that, and I think it looks "unfinished".  I also noticed that the coloring on the Woodland design looked streaky.  It was very noticeable in the slate and taupe colors they were showing.  

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

thank you I haven't really looked at the newer pieces.  I'm totally into Fiestaware and the Temptation pieces I have for harvest and pumpkin patch blend nicely on my table.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  I like the plain bottoms - might have gotten into the Temptations craze years ago if that was how they started.

Honored Contributor

I also use Fiesta as my dinnerware, both old and new.  In defense of Temptations, it is excellent bakeware.  It is better than my old Pyrex or metal for things like meatloaf, cassseroles and cookies.  I donated the flat ceramic lids and boy am I sorry.  They would have made great cookie sheets.

Honored Contributor

Well I guess I'm not very observant🤦‍♀️tonight I used my harvest and taupe soup & sandwich sets.  

The bottom is glazed white as all other pieces.  Although I do not have any dinnerware pieces. My boofetti pieces are white too from many years ago yet the newer pieces are greyish and unglazed in several pieces.

Although I still feel it looks terrible with dark FL pieces

Sorry guess I need to be more observant🤷‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@loriqvc 

thank you I haven't really looked at the newer pieces.  I'm totally into Fiestaware and the Temptation pieces I have for harvest and pumpkin patch blend nicely on my table.

@homedecor1 - I totally agree! Typically, I decorate in a fairly muted palette for autumn so that all the pops of orange from my ridiculously vast pumpkin collection stand out, but this year, I decided to go for bright and cheery, and the Temp-tations Pumpkin Patch / Fiestaware combo has been just perfect:

newpunk3.png

(If you could only see the rest of the pumpkin mania...  Smiley Very Happy)

Honored Contributor

Love it! I'm slowly building my "colors"...my DIL got me hooked & now I'm a "junkie" for Fiestaware🍁🍂🎃for every season🤦‍♀️