Honored Contributor

Re: K50233 - Perfect Slice Brownie/Cake Pan 👍🏻

I have had one of those brownie pans for years.  I used it a few times, but didn't like it.  For me, it was a waste of money.

Respected Contributor

I add the grid to the batter before it goes into the oven.  I mostly use mine for brownies which don't really rise much.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   Thanks, not a good experience on my end either.  I did not use the flat insert, because I thought the batter would leak and go under neath that insert.  

Maybe I should have so I could pull the cake out of the pan, and then use the grid.  

I don't like experimenting when I bake or cook but maybe next time I bake a cake (which is rare) I will use the insert before adding the batter.

and the grid is flimsy as others mentioned.

Esteemed Contributor

Much better brownie pan on Amazon; its got a trough ( kind of like an "S") no grid necessary and it works like a charm.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Copper Chef version of this pan, which has all the same features—and interestingly enough, I just used it yesterday for some sugar cookie bars! For me, it depends on the recipe as to whether I insert the grid when baking or use it as a guide for cutting after cooling. But I always use the big flat insert, even though the nonstick is excellent. I think I have the product sheet for my pan in my files; it should be the same concept as for the Chicago Metallic version, so I'll see if I can find it and upload a photo.