Honored Contributor

Re: K50233 - Perfect Slice Brownie/Cake Pan 👍🏻

I have this one. First purchase Walmart several years ago. Later on line catalogue had them for $1.99 and I purchased 4. Never could bake good brownies and cutting  was the worse. I use the Duncan Hines Family size brownie mix  and doctor it and taste like home made. Can't go to a church social without themF17D860B-4B7D-48E7-A5C9-B2754A1B041D.jpeg. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

thank you I didn't think of using the insert after baking.  I will check it out and the Item # I referenced is the one used when I purchased a few weeks ago.

@SouthernBee 

No bottom on the pan in the style you posted?  I am gonna try a brownie recipe next week.

@SharkE 

Thank you but I try hard not to go into WM and browse.  I love the Pioneer Woman stoneware prints & I have no willpower...something always ends up in my cart🙄😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 : It has the flat bottom but in photo hard to see because on the raised rack. I put my pan on a small cookie sheet to prevent leaking. My instructions: cook on 350 degrees for 30 minutes with pan place on middle rack in the oven. I spray the pan and insert divider with Bakers Joy. I keep the sink filled with warm soapy water to soak the pan for easier cleaning. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

B34F6976-0185-4A1F-8192-4DC50D100C3A.jpegEBay has them. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    just don't get her flour sifter it's horrible I threw mine in the trash. the churner thing just spins around doesn't touch the ingredients at all.

pretty though, LOL   Her ice cream scoop tarnished when I put in the dishwasher too.  Her stuff is pretty, but, not practical some of the time.

Can't judge a book by it's cover, so, to speak.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

I only have her cute stacking bowls.  I don't need another cute or piece of dinnerware, serveware, tabletop...ok I say this but like I said NO willpower!

HomeGoods reopened today there was a long line of eager shoppers to get in...that's another store where "everything" in kitchen areas calls me🤷‍♀️🙄

lol

Esteemed Contributor

My "go to" brownie pan is called the "no edge brownie pan" and I think it's a Chicago Cutlery pan.  Usually they are available on Amazon or Ebay.

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

That looks wonderful but I do not think for myself I would like it. I have a special rule that any crumbs or funny looking pieces belong to me.  Also those "misfit/damaged" portions and crumbs have no calories.  Your new find would be too perfect Woman LOL

@beckyb1012  You took the words right out of my mouth.  Of course those portions are for the person cutting it.  And sometimes the knife does slip......Rules must be followed Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   I am aware that is an OLD thread but I used my pan for the first time today....hmm, was the grid supposed to be used AFTER the cake baked?

I tried to find directions but the pan is no longer available on QVC.

I baked with the grid in the batter....the batter rose slightly above the grids!

So the purpose was defeated..and the cake will be messy looking but I will cover it with frosting.

thanks

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

I have never had success with baking with the grid(had same problem).

I only use it as a guide to cut after I've frosted or baked my item.

FYI:  I usually frost the flat "bottom" as the top of the cake.

23F4E86E-DAB8-480B-84B6-9EDCA2F67384.jpeg

Great idea but not successful in delivery at least not for me😉